Thread: Death Becomes Darksiders II

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Death Becomes Darksiders II

Don't fear the Reaper, for in Darksiders II, you are the Reaper. Sounds like it's time to go scythe some fools.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Yep time to finish the first one.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Wait.. it takes place at the same time? Because he didn't seem to be around. You can even use his scythe... (that's not a spoiler, it was a preorder bonus with a generic unlock code that you can use it from the beginning). If it's supposed to happen slightly before War does his thing but after the apocalypse is triggered.... well, it would seem to suggest Death didn't get much done. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I just recently picked the first one up, and am having a blast with it. Awesome!

Nah I think is after or at the same time but on a different place. Death wants to recreate the human race apparently.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Darksiders was a great game, I had a blast playing through it, I've even played through it a second time with my wife. I'm definitely interested in a sequel, War was a great character, and I hope they tie things together, because the ending to the first game has a cliffhanger from what I recall..
    My Links:

DeviantArt, Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by CipherinthesnoW View Post
    Darksiders was a great game, I had a blast playing through it, I've even played through it a second time with my wife. I'm definitely interested in a sequel, War was a great character, and I hope they tie things together, because the ending to the first game has a cliffhanger from what I recall..
    Yeah it was definitely left wide open for a direct sequel. It sounds like this one wont necessarily pick up exactly where it left off though, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jitawa View Post
    Wait.. it takes place at the same time? Because he didn't seem to be around. You can even use his scythe... (that's not a spoiler, it was a preorder bonus with a generic unlock code that you can use it from the beginning). If it's supposed to happen slightly before War does his thing but after the apocalypse is triggered.... well, it would seem to suggest Death didn't get much done. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    The press release says, "Darksiders® II follows the exploits of DEATH, one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, in a weaving tale that runs parallel to the events in the original Darksiders game."

So apparently Death also makes blankets. Or maybe baskets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Or maybe baskets.
    But does he do it underwater?

That'll be the DLC.

Those money-grubbing bar stewards!

I bet there's even water already on the disc.

If it's parallel... and War is on post-apocalyptic Earth. That means he's... what, on the moon or something? Where are Fury and Strife for that matter? (I think that's what they called the other two). I heard about the remaking the human race bit too. That just makes it sound like a game where we play as Death and have LOTS and LOTS of sex somewhere.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitawa View Post
    If it's parallel... and War is on post-apocalyptic Earth. That means he's... what, on the moon or something? Where are Fury and Strife for that matter? (I think that's what they called the other two). I heard about the remaking the human race bit too. That just makes it sound like a game where we play as Death and have LOTS and LOTS of sex somewhere.
    It may have been post-apocalyptic Earth, but War's adventure really just took him across the remains of a single city. The Earth is a big place, my friend, and there's plenty of apocalypse to go around
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    I think I'll be disappointed with Death, but that's because all incarnations of Death must be compared (unfavourably) with Terry Pratchett's character.

Bonus points if these games ever include Ronnie, the fifth horseman who quit the group before they got famous.