Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 2 Coming to Xbox 360 This Year

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

The Witcher 2 Coming to Xbox 360 This Year

In less-than-shocking yet pleasing news, The Witcher 2 has been announced for the Xbox 360. Console gamers can finally enjoy this series, a favourite of RPGamer's PC gaming staffers.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    We're all thinking it so I'll go ahead and ask it....they aren't going to censor the boobs are they?

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    According to the ESRB there are breasts and Pubic hair. The question is did they cout down on the amount of each for the console release.

Well, they're saying they want to deliver the same experience as they did to PC gamers, so...

Have towel will travel Moderator shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Well, they're saying they want to deliver the same experience as they did to PC gamers, so...
    But someone is going to complain if there's not the same amount of hair in each version.

Priorities you know?
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    There's breasts and pubic hair in LA Noire too, so I doubt they'd be forced to cut it out.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Ah, yes. The censoring bush from the wild Outback. I have to say, I did a triple take and started laughing when saw my first one in LA Noire.

GM,DM,PC,NPC,1P,2P & TG TG Barighm's Avatar
    I like their quote regarding the issue: "It's not how big the textures are, it's how you use them".

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want.

On a somewhat related note, the 1.2 patch arrives tomorrow. I don't think I've seen a company this dedicated to patching their game since Arrowhead and Magicka.

OMG, the new patch has DLC that lets me play with Geralt's flowing white mane! I think I'll wait a while before I do my second playthrough, to see what (free!) DLC they put out over the next few months.

I wonder how much the graphics will have to be pared back? I'm playing with most of them maxed out, and am having a hard time picturing Witcher 2 on the 360.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!

I was a bit sad at first, for I was hoping for a new franchise when they talked about a huge announcement.
    But I'm glad that console gamers get to enjoy the Witcher 2 aswell in the near future !

The more scary announcement at their presentation was that EA got involved in GoG.com, run by the same guys;
    I fear that their next step might be reaching out for the Witcher franchise, seeing how well it sells
    and I dont fancy the thought of Witcherville Facebook games. :P

Is CD Projeckt a public or private company? I really hope EA don't DA2 the Witcher! (though of course Activision also have games on GOG)

As for the 360 announcement, well CD Projeckt need to make a good return on their 3-4 years of development time if they are to continue making fantastic RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorZorn View Post
    The more scary announcement at their presentation was that EA got involved in GoG.com, run by the same guys;
    I fear that their next step might be reaching out for the Witcher franchise, seeing how well it sells
    and I dont fancy the thought of Witcherville Facebook games. :P
    I wouldn't worry about it. CD Projeckt is a privately owned company and they're merely a distributor for legacy titles, aside from The Witcher which is their in-house franchise. Both Activision and EA have titles on GoG and Steam, and neither of them have succumbed.

The EA deal is basically a distribution agreement which authorizes GoG to sell old EA games in addition to making any alterations for making the games run on current computers (usually just slapping DOSBox and the game in a custom installer). Nothing to worry about at all.

Host of The Sectorcast Rosestorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    On a somewhat related note, the 1.2 patch arrives tomorrow. I don't think I've seen a company this dedicated to patching their game since Arrowhead and Magicka.
    Your forgetting their complete revamp of the witcher 1 with the enhanced edition.
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.

I have mixed emotions about this. If I try to look at it objectively then it's pretty undeniably a "good thing". But from a personal perspective I am filled with regret. Regret that for the last six months or so I have pared back on game purchases, rounds of golf, and *gasp* even my drinking, all in an effort to purchase a new pc sometime this fall with one of the primary motivating factors being a desire to play this game (as well as it's predecessor). A wasted effort at a spartan lifestyle when I could have been my usual bacchanalian self.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass

360 Witcher 2 won't come close to matching the game on PC, I'd say it's still worth it to experience the game without heavily compromised visuals and framerate.

I also bought a new PC, and certainly don't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconNooB View Post
    Is CD Projeckt a public or private company? I really hope EA don't DA2 the Witcher! (though of course Activision also have games on GOG)
    You are safe, Atari is the NA publisher for The Witcher, not EA. EA just signed on with GOG.com, not for publishing CDP's stuff.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Nice to know that The Witcher 2 is 360-bound.