Thread: Deluge of Final Fantasy Type-0 Info

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar

Deluge of Final Fantasy Type-0 Info

While we only have a vague "Summer 2011" for a release in Japan, Square Enix has divulged more details about Final Fantasy Type-0. That Arecia Al-Rashina person may be a popular one among players.

Story
    Last edited by Strawberry Eggs; 06-03-2011 at 10:18 AM.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Waaait....

Gilgamesh....

Lolica....

That is disturbing....

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Why do I find it weird that "you can buy from shops in the town" is worthy of inclusion in a magazine article?
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Well, after XIII ...
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!

Yeah but it's a JRPG. What else are you going to do at a town?

That's like one of the most banal details to include.

I guarantee it wouldn't have made inclusion if XIII didn't treat towns as wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconNooB View Post
    I guarantee it wouldn't have made inclusion if XIII didn't treat towns as wallpaper.
    Possibly. These translated articles always read really weird to me. Like there's a lot of info about details... and when they do talk about gameplay it's never in a way that really tells me anything. Also, they throw around system names which mean absolutely nothing without more detail on them.

Knowing character X is using their fists because they don't want a lethal weapon tells me nothing about the game. Or, "She is known for occasionally doing unbelievable things." Is this supposed to make me intrigued about the character? It just sounds like someone is rattling off character archetypes/stereotypes/tropes and matching names to them. Is there some context I'm missing here?

Is there something being lost in translation or is this how all JRPG (or S-E in particular) preview pieces are done in Japan? I'm genuinely curious because I sometimes feel like bite-sized pieces like this tell me a lot less about the game than an actual preview. Is there something I'm missing here?

Well, Japanese developers DO love their cool-sounding terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    Possibly. These translated articles always read really weird to me. Like there's a lot of info about details... and when they do talk about gameplay it's never in a way that really tells me anything. Also, they throw around system names which mean absolutely nothing without more detail on them.
    I realize I'm being probably overly harsh now that I've re-read the article, but here's an example of what I'm talking about:

The game's Kill Sight system activates when an attack hits an enemy while a red target is displayed on it, killing it instantly. Break Sight is similar, but instead a yellow mark is shown and the foe is dealt a large amount of damage
    So what makes these targets appear? Do they go away after a while? What conditions make the yellow symbol appear instead of the red one?

IMO tropes are more important to Japanese JRPG players/developers these days ...

I've given up trying to understand.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Since it is second hand information, and translated at that, it's easy to see how something could be lost. I would go into detail about the Kill Sight and Break Sight systems, for instance, if I knew more. Sadly, that's all andriasang provided.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Eggs View Post
    Since it is second hand information, and translated at that, it's easy to see how something could be lost. I would go into detail about the Kill Sight and Break Sight systems, for instance, if I knew more. Sadly, that's all andriasang provided.
    I know. This wasn't a knock against our coverage/articles Just venting frustration with the weird details we get from some of these articles, that's all. I guess take what we can get right?

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconNooB View Post
    Well, after XIII ...
    *internet high-five*