Thread: RPGCast - Episode 179: "Transfarring"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 179: "Transfarring"

RPGCast - Episode 179: "Transfarring"

RPGCast lets you transfer all the creamy goodness of RPGamer.com right into your portable MP3 player. We call this technology "transfarpg". Also, you are immortal.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/179

RPGCast streams live, sometimes on Friday at 10 PM Eastern / 7 PM Pacific, usually on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Transfarring"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

The new Wizardry for PSN feels just like the older Wizardry games. So far I am having an absolute blast playing it. You are right Chris this game will not be for everyone.
    Twitter: @vonbeardly just started and mostly use it to tweet about games i'm playing.
    PSN: theharv00 (blank invites will be ignored)
    http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/496/theharv00.png

Dungeon Siege has no random maps. It's interesting that so few Diablo clones use them, but I think the complexity of randomizing highly detailed artwork into interesting dungeon layouts is too big a task for most developers.

Flagship tried it with Hellgate: London and failed miserably. Beyond Divinity (the spinoff of Divine Divinity) featured the absolute worst random maps I've ever seen. They have to be seen to be believed. Runic can get away with it for Torchlight to a certain degree due to the more simplistic graphical style (similar to Fate). The best Diablo clones generally opt for pre-set maps . . . Titan Quest, Sacred 1&2, and Dungeon Siege 1&2 for example.

And when you get down to it, Dungeon Siege 3 isn't actually trying to be a Diablo clone. Don't try to put this game up against Torchlight II, because they're very different games. DS3 just isn't designed for people who want to take their character into other players' games for some random boss runs. (You actually can't do this at all due to all characters and campaign progress being saved on the host's machine.) It's meant for people who want to play through a cohesive story-based campaign either in single-player or with a few friends . . . with action RPG combat and tons of loot.

I'll be getting the PC version for the better graphics, but from what I hear, the mouse/keyboard control scheme was little more than an afterthought. The game was designed from the ground up with console controls in mind, so I'm guessing I'll opt to play it with a 360 controller.

Quote Originally Posted by VonBeardly View Post
    The new Wizardry for PSN feels just like the older Wizardry games.
    This is just the kind of game I have been looking for.
    Is it available on the european PSN aswell ?

Edit: I found the answer. I'm packing my suitcases right now and emigrating.
    Last edited by EmperorZorn; 06-06-2011 at 08:21 AM.

I'm a little late to say this, maybe, but I look forward to all the E3 coverage. Have fun, guys.
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001