Thread: Saboru - Japandemonium for June 10th, 2011

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar

Saboru - Japandemonium for June 10th, 2011

A little something not related to E3 for you all. Well, mostly non-E3-related.

*Puts on giant robot hat*

Medius Rox
    I usually see this romanized as "Medius Locus" (メディウス・ロクス).

ART-1
    The ART-1 has indeed already appeared in SRT, with Mai Kobayashi eventually piloting it in SRT OG Gaiden. Since the unit is based off the R-Series units (R-1, R-2P, R3-P, which combine to form SRX), it's assumed by some fans that the ART-Series will be a gradual introduction to the SRX Altered Banpreios, which appears in SRT Alpha 3 after the destruction of the original SRX in combat.

I'm not sure how much faith I place in that theory, but an ART-2 and ART-3 would be kinda nice.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Thanks for the info about Final Promise Story, some interesting game mechanics there. Do get the feeling that a number might be scared off upon hearing them though. Hopefully if it does get over there's a bit of an improvement on the localizations from their previous games.
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    It is also worth noting that the Angelg is not exactly a new mech. You can use it starting from the first mission of OG2. Medius Locus is certainly new to the OG series, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    The ART-1 has indeed already appeared in SRT, with Mai Kobayashi eventually piloting it in SRT OG Gaiden. Since the unit is based off the R-Series units (R-1, R-2P, R3-P, which combine to form SRX), it's assumed by some fans that the ART-Series will be a gradual introduction to the SRX Altered Banpreios, which appears in SRT Alpha 3 after the destruction of the original SRX in combat.

I'm not sure how much faith I place in that theory, but an ART-2 and ART-3 would be kinda nice.
    I've got my own theories on this one. I don't think the ART-1 itself is supposed to be a Banpreios component, but given its name (Advanced Real Personal Trooper Test Type 1), it seems likely it is an incomplete test unit for the eventual Banpreios component unit (AR-1?). The fact they both share the T-Link Blade Knuckle is a good indication that they are linked. I still wonder how Banpreios is constructed, though. It is nearly twice the size of the SRX, so there has got to be either more component units or much larger ones... I wonder if we can hope for an ART-4 for Mai.

Moderator Moderator flamethrower's Avatar
    Did you miss "Gloria Union" from publisher Sting Entertainment for PSP (in the release dates list)? The RPGamer game page says the release date is 06/23/2011.

Ooh! Maybe this means we'll finally get an Angelg model! I've been waiting for one since SRW A!

Thanks, guys. I knew I could count on you all

flamethrower: Yup, apparently I skipped that one when I was reading the release list last week. I also misspelled Meruru -_- I'll get it all fixed, next time I'm at a computer with FTP access.

well well, look who it is randal77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    That would be pretty cool actually. I finished my playthrough of OGG a couple of days ago (finally took the plunge and started playing non-english SRW games!), and actually left the R2/R3/R-Gun on the bench (kept the R1 for it's team attack with the ART-1). They're a bit boring, haven't received an upgrade for a few games, and it was difficult picking a final team in OGG because there are a lot of cool mechs. But an ART-2 and ART-3 would be very cool!

EDIT: Come to think of it, I really want the Hiryuu Custom to get an upgrade too.
    Last edited by randal77; 06-10-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd make a list of what's been confirmed for OG2, based on what's on rpgamer. I know for example there's realistically a 99% chance of the R1, R2, R3, Hagane etc being included, but I'm only counting stuff that's specifically been confirmed.

Returning Characters
    Sanger (Dygenguard)
    Ratsel (Aussenseiter)
    Kyosuke (Alteisen Riese)
    Excellen (Rein Weisritter)
    Masaki (Cybuster)

Lamia (Angelg and Vysaga)
    Kai (Kai Gespenst Custom)
    Arado (Wildwurger)
    Seolla (Wildfalken)

Kouta (Compatible Kaiser)

Returning Characters (with a mech upgrade)
    Ibis/Tsugumi (new Astelion type)
    Irm (looks like his Grungust has been upgraded with extra wings]
    Katina (Gespenst upgraded with wings, gespenst kick)
    Russel (Gespenst upgraded with shoulder cannons)
    Latooni (upgraded Wildraubtier with twin sai)
    Albero (Medius Locus)
    Kusuha/Bullet (Ryokuu downgraded to Ryujinki, has grungust addons and quarterstaff)
    Hugo (Cerebus)

New Characters
    Touma (Raioh) [Alpha 3]
    Aqua (Cerebus) [MX]
    Ariel Org (Flickerei Geist) [Real Robot Regiment]
    Duvan Org (Ares geist) [Real Robot Regiment]
    Criana Limskaya (Blanche Neige) [SRW D]
    Joshua Radcliffe (Aile Chevalier ) [SRW D]
    S-ZLAI (Jinrai) [???] A rival for Touma I guess
    Ing (Ashe, a modified Exbein) [from the manga Lost Children]

Unconfirmed
    SRX Team (Ryusei, Rai, Aya, Viletta)
    Lune (Valsione)
    The Carnage group (Folka, Fernando, Alion)
    The SRW R group (Raoul, Fiona, Mizuho, Raj)
    Axel (Soulgain), Alchemie (Persönlichkeit)
    Rishuu (Grungust Type 0)
    Shine (Fairlion)
    Radha
    Ring [She wasn't in OGG, will she be back for OG2?]
    Gilliam
    Tasuku
    Leona
    Ryoto, Rio
    Tetsuya (Hagane)
    Lefina (Hiryuu Custom)

So 24 characters confirmed so far, and prolly about 20 returning characters unconfirmed. Pretty sure I got them all. Anyone I missed?
    Last edited by randal77; 06-16-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: some edits based on below post

Quote Originally Posted by randal77 View Post
    So 24 characters confirmed so far, and prolly about 20 returning characters unconfirmed (Aqua and Hugo both pilot the Cerebus/two Cerebuses?). Pretty sure I got them all. Anyone I missed?
    Looks mostly correct, though your information is a bit incorrect/incomplete in places... For one, the Ryujinki is more of a downgrade for Kusuha than an upgrade. It's weaker than Ryukooh (and upgrades into Ryukooh in Alpha 2). Also, the last character you left as ??? is Ing. He pilots the Ashe, a modified Exbein (simplified Huckebein test unit) that has been tweaked a bit with added parts (and a lot of tape). He's from an Alpha-series spinoff manga. Also, I'm pretty sure Aqua has been confirmed (and given that every MX mech is a two-seater for both Hugo and Aqua, she'd be certain to show even without the confirmation).

Latooni is also not using a R-1 type as much as she is using an upgraded Wildraubtier, the prototype Ryusei piloted in OG1 before he got the R-1. Also, the mech being piloted by the S-ZLAI computer thing is called the Jinrai.

Also, as far as enemies shown in images... There are SRW D mooks running around to compliment the heroes from that game, so the Ruina are in. Koohki is shown fighting Ryujinki, so the tiger is still around (and certainly its pilot, since Kusuha would not show up without him). I don't think I've recognized much else, though. That said, the official website's story section has a few interesting tidbits. Most notably, it describes the government's "Project GS" taking place on Aidoneus Island, which seems fairly sinister and has fans speculating on a possible OG equivalent to the Titans from Zeta Gundam. Given those initials... my money is on Gadi Sword, the villains from SRW GC and XO, which would be rather interesting.

It was actually Kyosuke Nanbu who used the Wildraubtier in OG1. It fell apart with him in it due to sabotage and he was sent to Bradly AFB.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

I never really thought the Wildraubtier suited Kyosuke very well...

Bah, I'm a bit disappointed that Latoonie's new mech is a wildraubtier upgrade instead of a new R1 type. I never really liked the wildraubtier all that much. I like putting Lat and Shine in the Fairlions and spamming team attack/maxing evade.

According to Gamefaqs (who are referring to the suparobo blog), Lamia gets both Angelg and Vysaga at the same time. Oh why do I have to keep choosing between them

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimeMan View Post
    It was actually Kyosuke Nanbu who used the Wildraubtier in OG1. It fell apart with him in it due to sabotage and he was sent to Bradly AFB.
    Both, actually. There were two Wildraubtier machines. One was piloted by Kyosuke in his first mission and blew up as you described, and the other was used by Ryusei and Latooni on the other route. Well, either that, or the one Kyosuke used was repaired using parts from its sibling machine and handed over to the other route. Pretty much the same thing either way... End result is that I always gave Latooni the Wildraubtier for the latter half of OG1, since it was a great mech for her.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if she upgraded from it to some newer machine partway through the game, though. A new model 008-series Fairlion based on the Altairlion, rather than the 007-series Astelion, maybe?

(If anyone's still following this thread) You guys have probably all seen the teaser trailer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQvBC...layer_embedded

This looks so damn cool. Of special note though, Compatible Kaiser confirmed. And if you go frame-by-frame from 1:20 - 1:25, you can also see Wildwurger and Wildfalken.

I'm still following it. Not because I'm particularly interested in that game, but because I love seeing someone post in one of my threads