Thread: Risen 2: Dark Waters Impression - E3 2011

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar

Risen 2: Dark Waters Impression - E3 2011

It seems as if E3 2011 was the year of action-RPGs and pirates. This time we have a massive pirate themed follow up to Risen. Read our E3 impression to see if this is a journey you want to set sail with.

-Link to Impression
    Last edited by risingsun; 06-14-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Great impression, Manny !

While I didnt follow the development of Risen 2, I really enjoyed Risen 1 (the PC version was great, the console port very crappy).
    Risen 1 was a gem I almost missed out on because it didnt receive the attention or media coverage a solid RPG deserves.

So I look forward to set sails with Risen 2 on my PC, but remain sceptical about the console port.

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorZorn View Post
    Great impression, Manny !

While I didnt follow the development of Risen 2, I really enjoyed Risen 1 (the PC version was great, the console port very crappy).
    Risen 1 was a gem I almost missed out on because it didnt receive the attention or media coverage a solid RPG deserves.

So I look forward to set sails with Risen 2 on my PC, but remain sceptical about the console port.
    Thanks I'm glad you liked it. The developers spent a large portion of the demo assuring us that the Xbox 360 version will be leaps and bounds better than Risen 1's 360 port. They are developing all 3 versions in parallel so each is getting a lot of time and attention.

Oh and the reason why the Risen 1 port was so bad is because after they completed the PC version of Risen 1, they ported it over to xbox 360 in less than 6 months. They said it was crazy to try to port such a huge game in such a short amount of time. They said that they learned their lesson, of course until the game ships and is actually good, thats all talk.
    Last edited by risingsun; 06-15-2011 at 03:34 AM.

The Xbox 360 version of Risen was actually outsourced to another studio. Anyway, I'm so looking forward to this game.

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    Thank you, Emanuel, for playing a game that nobody else seemed to want to play. Ever since I first saw the announcement of this game on RPGamer I've had high hopes for it. And now I'd just like to say to everyone here...

I called it. Hahaha. I totally did though. Everybody kept saying it was gonna suck because Risen 1 sucked but I just had a feeling it would be sweet because...

It was destined to be that pirate game that everyone needs after the cancellation of Armada of the Damned. My one and only dissatisfaction in this game is that there won't be any open world sailing or ship customizing. Hopefully someday I'll see that type of RPG.