Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Impression - E3 2011

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Impression - E3 2011

The Bethesda booth at E3 was the place to be on the show floor. The reason for that had a lot to do with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. If you love open world RPGs then check out this impression.

-Story Link
    Last edited by risingsun; 06-21-2011 at 11:46 AM.

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar

Talking

Thanks for the preview. A few questions; which console did you play it on, and how was the performance, ie framerate and was there any screen tearing that you noticed?

Also, this is going to be the greatest game ever!
    sup?

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    God, it's so weird. Nobody else from RPGamer played very many of the games I'm interested in. But Emanuel played ALL the games I'm interested in!

I'd like to publicly thank whoever is in charge of linking the first instance of the games title in the text. I don't know if anyone else clicks on those but I ALWAYS do because I want to know when it's coming out and what system. So, thank you very much.

It kinda feels like Kingdoms of Amalur wants to go head to head directly with Elder Scrolls. So far I think Skyrim will be more for me but I'm certain that I'd like to play both. Hearing about all that ambitious stuff they're putting in, my biggest worrya becomes the performance as well. Can they really do ALL that stuff and have it run completely smoothly. Oblivion handled all the graphics and engine quite well, though. So, maybe I don't need to worry about that. Hopefully there won't be that problem with the HP levelling up system this time around.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Linking the first mention of the game in the text is the responsibility of whoever writes the article, so "you're welcome" from all of us.

And I don't think KoA necessarily wants to go head to head with Skyrim (note that KoA has a 2012 release nowhere near Skyrim's), but it is being designed by Ken Rolston, who was the lead designer for Morrowind and Oblivion and apparently got poached by Big Huge Games. Should be interesting to see what Rolston does outside the bounds of Bethesda.

As for Skyrim, they're changing the levelling system to be less opaque than Oblivion's was. Of course, I'll be getting the PC version of Skyrim, so if there's anything that needs to be improved about the levelling system, somebody will make a mod to fix it that I can use. The Elder Scrolls series is one I strongly recommend be played on PC if your system specs allow it, simply because the amazing stuff that the TES modding community puts out is really worth it.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudren View Post
    which console did you play it on
    From what I've read on other blogs, they were demoing on the 360.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryZoltan View Post
    God, it's so weird. Nobody else from RPGamer played very many of the games I'm interested in. But Emanuel played ALL the games I'm interested in!

I'd like to publicly thank whoever is in charge of linking the first instance of the games title in the text. I don't know if anyone else clicks on those but I ALWAYS do because I want to know when it's coming out and what system. So, thank you very much.
    I'm glad you liked the impressions man. Yeah it looks like I was the open world western RPG guy at this years show. About half of the games I saw at the show were big questions marks, but Two Worlds II, Risen 2, Dead Island, etc, had good showings and people were interested in hearing about them.