Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rusty Hearts Closed Beta Key Giveaway

Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff noodle's Avatar

Rusty Hearts Closed Beta Key Giveaway

Keep hearing about bodyslamming vampires into the floor in Rusty Hearts and are absolutely DYING to do it yourself? Enter this contest and do it for reals.

bodyslam this link with the C key - or just click on it.

It looks like a fancier version of Dungeon Fighter Online, which has been a fun on and off game, but missing that something that grabs you. I'm hoping that Rusty Hearts will have that bit. Plus you can run around dressed up as Pedobear and that's just ridiculous awesome.

Edit: Really? I'm the only one interested? Bit surprising.
    Last edited by freykin; 06-25-2011 at 04:39 AM.

Looks Interesting

I want to play this game because it looks pretty neat. I'm also a sucker for free to play mmo's =)

When I was watching the trailer, one of the talking portraits popped up holding a flask and I immediately thought "I wanna be THAT guy." Can I be that guy? I don't know! Then gameplay footage popped up and he was there (along with scythe girl)! I'm in.

Oh yeah, and I'm an anime fan so I like the anime-style art in the game and the character design looks like it'll be fun watching them beat the crap out of whatever pops up.
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001

I am also a big anime fan and I really like the art direction from the trailer, can I have a closed beta? ^.^
    My Links:

DeviantArt, Twitter

I'm interested in this game, but I'm not interested in closed betas.

Why they made this into an MMORPG, I'll never know. It looks to be based solely on two characters... not even close to enough to have an MMORPG based on the concept. Why couldn't they have had it similar to Torchlight? The animation looks VERY similar. They should at least make it single player too.

I've actually been following Rusty Hearts for a while, that and Metal Rage (a.k.a. The Mech Game that has been Coming Soon since 07). I suppose I mostly want to play mostly because it seems like a fun beat em' up and is a bit of a change from the games I've been playing lately. Getting in on the closed beta will help me realize the dream or shatter it to tiny insignificant pieces that much quicker.

How about a beta key for your old DM, eh? You owe me for all that free experience.

Nah, just kidding. Since Vesperia I've grown to appreciate anime-like graphics. It's a nice change from the usual.

Quote Originally Posted by reionpremente View Post
    Why they made this into an MMORPG, I'll never know. It looks to be based solely on two characters... not even close to enough to have an MMORPG based on the concept. Why couldn't they have had it similar to Torchlight? The animation looks VERY similar. They should at least make it single player too.
    actually, it's not based on just 2. there will be more characters coming into the frey.

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    actually, it's not based on just 2. there will be more characters coming into the frey.
    I still don't see why it needs to be an Online RPG. I don't care for them and the storyline just doesn't look like it needs that much congestion. Online games get REALLY crowded VERY fast... and I still think Rusty Blades still looks like it needed to be a single player RPG like Torchlight... I mean, I can see Perfect World's argument since they made Torchlight like Diablo but Rusty Swords just seems like it would be better as a single-player experience to me. I saw the game in motion, and quite frankly, I thought it looked really bad. That's what I didn't like when Castlevania did that with Harmony of Darkness. Not only was everything shrunk, but it was way too hard to play. And it looks like they're just doing the same thing here.

No one was saying I WON'T play it... and yes, I meant to say Rusty HEARTS instead of Blades. It just looks a tad confusing.
    Last edited by reionpremente; 06-27-2011 at 07:46 PM.

first of all.. it's rusty hearts.

second of all.. no one is making you play. i highly enjoyed playing the MMO myself, and i think others will enjoy it too.

Alone the fact that playing a game online together with friends is more fun than playing a game alone is reason enough to make it online.

I'd rather say it is a big flaw of Torchlight that it does NOT offer multiplayer.

Howdy all, long time RPGcast listener and first time forum poster.

After the dissapointment that was FFXIV I've sworn off pay-to-play online gaming and have been searching for a good quality free to play game to scratch my itch. I love what I'm seeing from this game so far in terms of art direction and the gameplay looks really fast and frantic. I would love to give this game a shot should I be chosen for a key.

Also, the RPGamer Rusty Hearts party sounds like it would be a blast!

Honestly, I've always enjoyed games - particularly in the action/RPG genre. This looks like something I could really get into! Right now the game I'm spending the most time on is DC Universe Online. That game has ruined 90% of mmo's out there for me because of its fast-paced, action-oriented combat system. This could be a game that fills my interests in anime, in fantasy, and also in bashing the living daylights out of baddies with an unnecessarily large weapon XD.

At first I wasn't interested in the game but after taking a closer look at the game the art style really compels me.

Also, the notion of an RPGamer Rusty Hearts game night(s) seals the deal.

HOOK ME UP YO!
    Vanillaware’s 2D is, once again, shaming their competitor’s 3D. It’s like, what are you even doing with your extra D, jerks? Maybe we should hold that extra D in reserve for you, like a trust, until you are ready. - Tycho, Penny Arcade

I tried it out at Anime Expo today and it looked really cool. It looked like something I would want to play with my friends.

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    I want a closed beta key! I want one to play with fellow RPGCast fans!

I want to play Rusty Hearts! I played it today at Anime Expo, and I love the look of it. Beat'em ups are some of my favorite games, and the wacky outfits and customization options make me want to play even more.

"I want a closed beta key! I want one to play with fellow RPGCast fans!"

What he said!