Thread: Half-Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax To Arrive on XBLA

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Half-Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax To Arrive on XBLA

Nefarious! Half-Minute Hero will be appearing on Xbox Live Arcade. How soon? Only time will tell.

Story

Oh yes. Hurry up and take my money@$%*(#@#)

...making its way to Xbox Live Indie Arcade
    I got a bit scared when I read this. "Noooooooooo that's that cool thing that we don't have access to in this neck of the woods!" But then I did a bit of Googling and saw that it is indeed coming to standard XBLA. Phew!

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nergal View Post
    I got a bit scared when I read this. "Noooooooooo that's that cool thing that we don't have access to in this neck of the woods!" But then I did a bit of Googling and saw that it is indeed coming to standard XBLA. Phew!
    Yeah, no, that was my error in the proofing process. I will be awake again at some point, I swear. It's fixed though!

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    As much as I love love love love love Half-Minute Hero, these high-definition visuals seem to miss the point. I mean, the game just wouldn't be the same without the hyper-pixelated sprites zoomed in to ridiculous levels.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Agreed, but apparently the original PSP pixelated style is an option in the game.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

After sitting down and playing a bit with the demo I've concluded that the original PSP graphics are the way to go. I've never actually played the PSP version to be fair, so I'm unbiased as far as preservation is concerned.

In my opinion, The "Hi Def" visuals are very poor in motion. There doesn't seem to be much animation to them and the color choices are a bit off to me...
    When I originally saw the screenshots, I was pumped for it. They looked great as stills but something about them in motion just didn't sit right with me. So the inclusion of the original graphics is a very welcomed feature.

As far as the release is concerned, it's already out. The game seemed like a fun way to kill a minute..or half of one...Derp. Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Last edited by HiroLunet; 06-29-2011 at 09:30 PM.