Thread: Xenoblade Chronicles to Release in September

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Xenoblade Chronicles to Release in September

European fans can continue to gloat over Xenoblade Chronicles being released across the pond. Today, Nintendo of Europe has announced a release date, and we have some English voice acting to share.

Story.

It's looking good... hopefully it'll hit OUR shores too. Now... where's Last Story? ~_^

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    If NOA announces a surprise release date to match my wallet is officially dead this year
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Already planning on importing it, so whether NoA announces it or not it's not a huge deal to me, though it'd be kind of nice to get it a bit cheaper if it does get a stateside release.

"English" Voice acting indeed...

Wow. The game videos look good.

I'm thinking this game has a long way to fall if it doesn't meet expectations. At this point an "ok" game is vastly insufficient. It does look epic, but I wonder if the story will have a strong emotional impact, if the characters will be relatable and developed in moving ways, and whether the gameplay will be fun and addictive or end up feeling like a chore like so many JRPGs.
    Currently playing:
    Final Fantasy X HD Remaster
    Grand Theft Auto V

I really hope we see this one in NA. Game looks very good, and the soundtrack is dynamite, one of the best I've heard in a long time.

The OST has been on my iPod since its release; I just can't get enough of it.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!

Lol, game publishers have finally decided to abuse NA gamers after so many years of abusing EU gamers? Baww. Us in the EU have lost out to sooooooooo (ad infinitum) many good games that the US got but we didn't. Yes, I'm jaded. The memory of my pain will always live on </3

Edited in: Also, I'm so glad that localisation teams are moving somewhat more to British and European accents. I'm in no way against US accents but for a long time all English VO's were only done with US accents. Colour me happy
    Last edited by Sam = Wise; 06-29-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam = Wise View Post
    Lol, game publishers have finally decided to abuse NA gamers after so many years of abusing EU gamers? Baww. Us in the EU have lost out to sooooooooo (ad infinitum) many good games that the US got but we didn't. Yes, I'm jaded. The memory of my pain will always live on </3
    If you are seriously suggesting that we shouldn't get these games just because Europe has lost out in the past, then [unnecessary insult removed].
    Last edited by Ocelot; 06-29-2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Keep things civil, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lard View Post
    If you are seriously suggesting that we shouldn't get these games just because Europe has lost out in the past, then [unnecessary insult removed]
    I'm not suggesting that, but I'm sure a lot of Europeans would have a hard time being 100% sympathetic. There's that bit of residual damage left in all of us.
    Last edited by Ocelot; 06-29-2011 at 04:26 PM.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    OK, that's enough of that line of conversation. I'm going to let the mods do any further moderating here, so everyone else, let's drop it and just talk about Xenoblade Chronicles.
    Last edited by Ocelot; 06-30-2011 at 08:28 AM. Reason: My brain saw forum stupid and immediately thought Tales. Oops!

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Heh... well, Nintendo's already said NO anyway so who cares? Now I'm with Ocelot. I want Xillia! But like everything else, we're going to have to PRAY just to see it overseas. -_- IF things improve then we might have a chance, but the way Namdai is working right now, who knows? And yes, that NO refers to ALL THREE games (Xeno, Last Story AND Pandora)... I would've liked to have at LEAST hear yes on ONE of them, but NONE?? That settles it. Nintendo HAS lost me.

I MIGHT at some point get a 3DS for Tales of the Abyss and Devil Survivor but as for the Wii U, it can go jump for all I care.
    Last edited by reionpremente; 06-29-2011 at 07:37 PM.

There was an update to their facebook page earlier (regarding project rainfall), and they gave a, "thanks for your enthusiasm, we have no plans to release those three games" response.

Ya know,..serves us right! In this day in age, NA gamers call JRPGs a dead genre, showing very little respect for the kind of games that basically were the reason why PS2 units were selling like hot cakes. I blame certain game magazines for using the term "dead genre" and now, look at where it has gotten us. Now japanese game studios are trying to tap into another kind of market in Europe, where their games are better recieved.If I were an overseas game developer, I wouldn't want my game selling in a part of the world where I know its not going to sell because the focus on games has changed over the years.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Well, it's a complex situation, with Japan going over to mostly portable RPGs this gen, while Western gamers still wanted the full console experience. The PS3, which had the lion's share of actual console RPG releases, got a slow start here as well. That led to several years with very few JRPG releases on home consoles, and a lot of the Western gaming media misunderstanding what was going on. In the end, though, Nintendo has shown that traditional JRPGs can sell just fine here with proper marketing... just look at Dragon Quest IX. That's what baffles me about their current position. With Nintendo's backing, Xenoblade and The Last Story at the least should sell just fine here. It's like they just don't want to make the effort.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Could this be because Monolith Soft had entered a disagreement with Nintendo and wants to separate? (Pure speculation btw)
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    Could this be because Monolith Soft had entered a disagreement with Nintendo and wants to separate? (Pure speculation btw)
    They are working on a Wii U game.