Thread: First Episode of Fated Haven Now Available

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

First Episode of Fated Haven Now Available

Looking for a new episodic indie RPG? Fated Productions hopes to tug at your heart strings with the first episode of Fated Haven.

Story

I've released it on my website and played the demo, it flows quite nicely imo, and I liked how it was possible to explore the surroundings of the first town.
    If the feel of opening a treasure chest is always a special moment, this game is definitely for you xD
    Owner of Aldorlea Games
    ~ Old-school RPGs for your PC ~
    Games Released: Laxius Force - 3 Stars of Destiny - Laxius Force II - Millennium - Asguaard - Millennium 2 - Dreamscape - Laxius Force III - Millennium 3 - Sylia - Millennium 4
    Coming Soon: The Book of Legends - Little Hearts

I've checked the site and I am a bit interested, however, when is see the line "Interesting characters for you to both love and hate.", I can't help but feel suspicious. Many people were brought into RPGs via FF7 and 8 and those games have the blandest, most uninteresting characters this side of a shounen anime show.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    So an RPG should claim to have "boring characters that you can't relate to"? I don't get the complaint here.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I never said it was a complaint, I'm just saying that I was suspicious. So, to be fair, I'll give the demo a shot and judge for myself whether this game is worth my money with the story with "interesting characters".

Gunclaws and Meow. Administrator Paws's Avatar
    Maybe other developers can take a nod from arrowhead, who has game features listed such as "chock full of more epic win!" ?

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    most of the back of the box bullet points are really strange, when they aren't talking about their lighting effects or rambling off the number of cars there are in it you get very vague and almost suspicious statements about vibrant worlds to explore.

The battlers and sprites look quite unique at least. games made on RPG Maker VX engine looks quite good but I dislike the tile set. If I where to have credit card I would buy it just to help the community.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Hi everybody,

I'm Nathanial, and I'm the lead developer at Fated Productions. Fated Haven has been my project for nearly three years.

I appreciate the input you've been providing. I can understand you being suspicious about claims of interesting characters. I can honestly say, that within just the past couple of days since launch, sales, and support has been amazing. It feels very surreal.

I've had a lot of compliments on the way the game plays, and on the story and characters. So I'm not trying to just market the game to you by slapping something on it like "interesting characters". The feedback I have received has been favorable for the characters, and I've heard from some customers, that the game has actually made them cry in a few different places in the game.

I really do appreciate your input, and to RPGamer, I appreciate the story. I'm looking forward to the review very much.

Everybody has different tastes in characters, of course. So what you may find boring, another person finds completely interesting. I just thought I would pop in and tell you about the feedback I've been receiving so far, even on sites like Amaranthia, where the game just launched today.
    Last edited by Nathanial; 06-30-2011 at 01:16 PM.

The Old Guy That's New... xaviersaint's Avatar
    I love that you guys are giving these indie game producers some much needed coverage. Thanks for doing that. I don't know how this one will turn out, but if it's anything like Eternal Eden, should be cool.
    Stay Or Shop? - Your friendly cat salesman, Secret Of Mana

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviersaint View Post
    I love that you guys are giving these indie game producers some much needed coverage. Thanks for doing that. I don't know how this one will turn out, but if it's anything like Eternal Eden, should be cool.
    I'm glad to be giving them coverage, I just wish I had enough time to play and review the bunch I have. However, I'll be reviewing this one, and hopefully within the week or so, I will have a review. I had my eye on this one for awhile, so I was thrilled when Nathanial approached us for review. I really hope I enjoy it and Sylia, which we will for sure at some point have reviews for.

Nyx, look forward to Sylia. It's a real breath of fresh air story wise

Looking forward to giving this one a shot once I've got some more time free, and I as well am glad to see these getting covered here. I'm always impressed with what people are able to do with these engines.