Thread: Team Fortress 2 controler config

Team Fortress 2 controler config

Hi guys I know this forum is not used much but it's the right place to post this. I'm a silly guy who got used to using Dual analog controllers and since TF2 is now free I got it off of steam. I know how to play but just to make sure my silly controller would work with what all PC gamers consider a keyboard and mouse game I went into training mode where I found that the left stick was instantly recognized but the right stick wouldn't aim the guns for me. The rest of the buttons were semi-easy to config but not being able to aim with the analog is a big pain....

Does anyone know how to fix this? I guess I could keep trying Google and maybe Xpadder...
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

Can't you hear the drums? SuccessorM's Avatar
    Which controller are you using? Its possible that the drivers just aren't there. For instance, its took some doing, but I can now use my PS3 Dualshock controller for my PC games now, but I had to do quite a bit of footwork to find the proper drivers and installations.

Have you had any luck so far?

I'm using a dual shock clone(Niko Airflow EX) and I found out that most source games have a setup for wired Xbox 360 controllers but when I do this the Joystick look/right stick does not map correctly(however the other buttons are great with one minor change). I've tried editing the config file manually but it always reverts thanks to the darn Steam Cloud service....
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

Can't you hear the drums? SuccessorM's Avatar
    D'oh! Sorry to hear that. Wish I could help, but I say keep at it and you will find it all out soon.

Xpadder is wonderful to use.

Moderator Moderator flamethrower's Avatar
    Unnecessary thread necromancy. Closing thread.