Thread: Fate/Extra to Storm North America This Year

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Fate/Extra to Storm North America This Year

Fans of the Fate/Stay night visual novel series shall rejoice at Aksys Games' newest localization project. Here are some first details about Fate/Extra coming to North America.

Story

Who needs Rinoa anyway? Rebochan's Avatar
    Wow, that was unexpected. But nice!
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

This came out of the left field... I mean, a Fate/Stay game with an official translation? Totally looking forward to it.

I doubt this will come in limited edition form with the Saber Extra Figma, though. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

I think I remember seeing something about these games before. Probably on this site even. I think I'm interested.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Finally, a US release of a Fate game. I'm...so happy! T_T

...now if only they could give us a US release of Fate/Stay Night for PC (they could censor it using the PS2 version and I wouldn't care).

I've been waiting for someone to pick this game up for ages now.

I was pretty close to just importing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    Finally, a US release of a Fate game. I'm...so happy! T_T

...now if only they could give us a US release of Fate/Stay Night for PC...
    Unfortunately, Aksys staff said that they don't plan to release other Fate/Stay Night inspired video games.

Getting a official translation of a niche product is rarely easy. The fan translation group Mirrormoon created a complete English patch for the Windows version of Fate/Stay Night, so at least we have that. Also, the F/SN spinoff anime TV series was licensed by Geneon some years ago, and Tokyopop released at least some of the F/SN spinoff manga.

Lately, fan translators and visual novel localization companies have been collaborating on a number of projects (including the worksafe translation of the hybrid RPG Aselia the Eternal, aka Eien no Aselia). Even so, you never know when companies are willing to cooperate, or which companies believe they can justify the costs of translation.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Well this is a surprise O_O

Apparently you can download the trial version of the original 2004 (!) game at Type-Moon's website here. Is there a patch available for the trial version?

I cannot find where to buy the real version of Fate/Stay Night. Can someone help?

Has anyone played Fate/Stay Night? Is it any good?

I've played through all of Fate/Stay Night. By far one of the best reads I've had in a long time. As a warning, it DOES have some sex in there (visible sex), and it gets quite explicit at those parts (though you don't need to see the parts to know how the story continues).

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    I've played through all of Fate/Stay Night. By far one of the best reads I've had in a long time. As a warning, it DOES have some sex in there (visible sex), and it gets quite explicit at those parts (though you don't need to see the parts to know how the story continues).
    IIRC, Mirror Moon's patch, similar to many of unofficial translation patches, gives you the option to turn off the H scenes.

Weird, I didn't see that option. I must have gotten one of the earlier translation patches then, since the extra 'arc' is not in my version, nor is that option.

So apparently the voice acting will be in Japanese only. I approve. If not dubbing a game makes it financially viable to localize, I really hope this catches on.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/04...se-voiceovers/