Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pandora's Tower: Until I Return To Your Side to Launch in Europe

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Pandora's Tower: Until I Return To Your Side to Launch in Europe

Yet more spoiling for European RPGamers on the Wii front. It looks like the last of the three major Wii RPGs has finally gotten its European announcement.

Story

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I sense another raging coming from the fans.

Well if they never bring it here.. at least I have one of playing it and understanding what is going on... Hopefully NOA will still announce these for us...... But at least someone other then Japan is getting the games

At this point, U.S. gamers could import the EU version, and play it on their PC with Dolphin in HD. (Wiis are region-locked iirc)

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yes, Wiis are region-locked. This is something that people looking to import these games should keep in mind. It's possible to play games from other regions via the homebrew channel, but you should read up on doing that first to see if you're comfortable with it, and keep in mind that system updates will break the homebrew channel every time.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

If it's three games, I'd simply buy an extra console than bother with all the technical hoolabaloo. I keep two PS2s myself to play both PAL and NTSC JRPGs from the PS1/2 era, and my only reason for getting a 360 was Lost Odyssey (though as it turns out Mass Effect and Tales of Vesperia were great games too).

As for Pandora's Tower I actually played a bit of it in Tokyo. I didn't have time to delve much into it, but from what I played it seemed more like an action game than an RPG.
    Currently playing:
    Final Fantasy X HD Remaster
    Grand Theft Auto V

Banned Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartakus View Post
    If it's three games, I'd simply buy an extra console than bother with all the technical hoolabaloo. I keep two PS2s myself to play both PAL and NTSC JRPGs from the PS1/2 era, and my only reason for getting a 360 was Lost Odyssey (though as it turns out Mass Effect and Tales of Vesperia were great games too).

As for Pandora's Tower I actually played a bit of it in Tokyo. I didn't have time to delve much into it, but from what I played it seemed more like an action game than an RPG.
    You'd rather buy an entirely superfluous new console than spend 5-10 minutes (depending on how good you are at following simple instructions) installing homebrew channel? My god.
    Last edited by HJ+; 07-04-2011 at 03:34 PM.

I think it's interesting in itself to own multiple consoles, especially if they are from different regions. It's no goal for me to own as few consoles as possible.
    Currently playing:
    Grand Theft Auto V

Familiar Face Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I think I'll stick to the homebrew channel, should it come to that. I'm waiting until the Wii U is released before I start importing or modding anything.
    Last edited by Strawberry Eggs; 07-04-2011 at 05:21 PM.
    "Life will be a very great deal less weird without you!"

"Do you know I think that's the nicest thing anybody's ever said to me?

I think in this case, I will stick to piracy. If Nintendo of America doesn't make the effort to bring it here, no reason to make an effort to buy it more expensive from europe. Well, at least for Xenoblade and the Last Story.

Pandora tower is an action-rpg, but it seems to me it's greatly lacking the rpg part and is only an action game.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaGaia View Post
    I think in this case, I will stick to piracy. If Nintendo of America doesn't make the effort to bring it here, no reason to make an effort to buy it more expensive from europe. Well, at least for Xenoblade and the Last Story.

Pandora tower is an action-rpg, but it seems to me it's greatly lacking the rpg part and is only an action game.
    I wouldn't dare pirate the game, personally. Not only is it illegal and immoral, NoE should at least be rewarded for caring enough.

Besides, my having made up my mind not to purchase the Wii U will save me more than enough money to make up for the expense of importing Last Story.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

I think in this case, I will stick to piracy.
    I can understand your frustration at NoA, but the game's developer and NoE have no influence over NoA's decisions. Why do you feel like you're entitled to play the game without compensating the developer & translator for their work? If cost is an issue, why don't you simply not buy the game and play something else instead?

At the very least you could mail a check to Monolith Soft...

Frankly, we're lucky there are any developers other than Square Enix still making JRPGs. We need to keep supporting those developers. Yes, NoA sucks--so don't give them your money! Buy from NoE.

I think in this case, I will stick to piracy.
    Yeah, no one wins with piracy. Ethics aside, short terms gains are not worth the long term price.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Banned Banned
    I think it's interesting in itself to own multiple consoles, especially if they are from different regions. It's no goal for me to own as few consoles as possible.
    Huh. Well, it's your money.

The best thing you can do is support the developer for making the game and support NoE for having the presence of mind to realize these are important titles. In an ideal scenario there will be a visible amount of cash diverted to NoE. Indeed if NoA doesn't get its act together before september, it'll be interesting to see whether the European sales far exceed expectations due to American importers.

As far as piracy goes, from a legal perspective there is nothing to discuss but laws aren't valid because they are on paper; they're valid when they are respected, and seeing how NoA comports itself I cannot blame anyone if they feel the piracy laws are hard to respect when the publisher makes its consumers beg and plead without even giving them a proper response detailing why the game is/isn't being published, or why it's taking longer than in Europe. I think a lot of ire would have been spared if NoA would just talk to its fans like normal human beings and give them reasons they could understand if not necessarily like.
    Currently playing:
    Grand Theft Auto V

Moderator Moderator flamethrower's Avatar
    People I know own a Japanese 3DS to play games from that region (because it's the only way at this point). I'm not that hardcore. I only own one Japan region DS game anyway.

Have towel will travel Moderator shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    I wouldn't dare pirate the game, personally. Not only is it illegal and immoral, NoE should at least be rewarded for caring enough.
    So very much this. I really hate it when the first reaction someone has is "i'm going to pirate it". That helps no one and it only furthers the myth that gamers will pirate your game no matter what. People like that are who we should thank for these permanent internet connection DRM schemes and other lovely things such as SecuROM, Sony's rootkit, and Starforce.

EDIT: We should be so lucky as to live in an age where importing is a convenient and viable option. I wouldn't even know how to go about importing a game back in the 80's/90's for my NES or SNES.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Except the Wiis are region locked so importing is not a viable choice for everyone. I`d rather not turn my Wii into a brick, buy a PAL Wii for 2 games or have to emulate it on a cranky PC.

I`m one of those people who is begging NOA to take my money. *sigh*

The whole mess has me wanting to avoid any future Nintendo consoles if this is how NOA is going to be with quality RPGs while shovelling masses of crap out.

For what it's worth, soft modding a Wii is easy, takes about 10 minutes, and I've never heard of somebody who was following the instructions ruining their system. In fact, the official Nintendo system updates are more likely to ruin your system -- as far as I'm aware, the 4.2 system update bricked more systems than homebrew ever has.

I'm annoyed at NoA's decisions and wish that they'd release these games here, but at least they're getting English translations. Realistically, the only inconvenience for me is that it's going to cost a little more to acquire them.