Thread: The Lost Angelic Chronicles of Frane: Dragon's Odyssey to Release in August

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

The Lost Angelic Chronicles of Frane: Dragon's Odyssey to Release in August

The Lost Angelic Chronicles of Frane: Dragon's Odyssey is a tongue twister. I wonder how many people will be able to say this game's name three times fast.

Story

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    That name is indeed convoluted... The game looks like it has potential, though. More Ys/Secret of Mana style gameplay is never bad, and I like the art so far. I'll need to keep an eye on it.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Looks neat! It's so cool that PC-JRPGs are starting to be localized. ::hugs her PC::

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Whoa, I wasn't sure this was actually for real. There were rumors Frane might get an English version a while back, but nobody could find anything concerning the group which was, in theory, working on the project.

That title is kinda something else, though. :x And if I'm being totally honest, the dialogue shown so far is a little... hmm. I won't pass judgment until I play it for myself, though.

Is there a site for the English version yet? Or the group doing it? Have they announced anything about release platforms?

Banned Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post
    Whoa, I wasn't sure this was actually for real. There were rumors Frane might get an English version a while back, but nobody could find anything concerning the group which was, in theory, working on the project.

That title is kinda something else, though. :x And if I'm being totally honest, the dialogue shown so far is a little... hmm. I won't pass judgment until I play it for myself, though.

Is there a site for the English version yet? Or the group doing it? Have they announced anything about release platforms?
    You know about that too? I figured I'd be the only one here since I actually hang out with the group who were fan-translating it. No one knew if it was a troll back when "Aerial Translation Group" suddenly told them to stop.

And yeah, seriously, what is up with that title? I wish the fan TL group had kept it now.

Please don't change the title! The longer the better, IMO.

This looks like the good stuff. I love top-down 2D adventure games with pixels.
    Currently playing:
    Legend of the Heroes: Trails in the Sky / South Park: The Stick of Truth / Volgarr the Viking
    Broforce / Shovel Knight / Duck Tales Remastered / Final Fantasy 3 PC

Banned Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartakus View Post
    The longer the better, IMO.

Some here may also be surprised to know a couple other things: 1) the music will be cinema quality (http://twitter.com/#!/bLiNdTrance - Jordan Aguirre's music for this game is absolutely exceptional and full of variety), and 2) there will be a sanctioned album released that will be piano arrangements of the game music (that would be me - http://www.youtube.com/user/Fortissi...ature=mhee#p/u or www.twedt.com).

The game is almost ready. I am finalizing the new OST and recording the last bits of voice acting with my cast. As soon as we plug it in and do a final test we will ship the gold master off. Expect it out in less than a month or so.

This is looking pretty sweet. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it.

So this is out now. Has anyone tried it? Is it good? And where do you get it anyway?

We had some final quality checks to do on the voice acting and had to replace a few things and also do final checks on the translation and any bugs that may have come up. I am also doing final mixing on the OST. It is taking longer than expected for the sake of quality.

It will be released on Gamers Gate first, then Steam. Eventually we want them to come out on the iPhone and Android as well. Look forward to it, it is coming together soon and will be worth the wait.