Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xenoblade Coming to Europe Sooner than Expected

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Xenoblade Coming to Europe Sooner than Expected

Xenoblade Chronicles may be a torrential storm of disappointment for some parts of the world, but there are nothing but sunny skies in Europe. So sunny, in fact, that Nintendo of Europe has moved up its plans a bit.

[Link]

Happy for Europe.. still feel US got ripped off here- hope theres a way to play the European version!

Who needs Rinoa anyway? Rebochan's Avatar
    That's an evil, evil lead.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    For that opening, I curse Europe with the most horrible thing known to man...TELEVANGELISTS!

well well, look who it is randal77's Avatar
    Can't you guys in the US just import it and use the Homebrew Channel to play it? The reason I ask is because region-free hacks/chips of consoles are completely legal in Australia - there was like an Aus high court ruling that determined that region-locking is anti-competitive or something.

I don't know how legal it is in the United States, although I can't see anyone really giving a crap as long as you aren't pirating the games (But I dunno, I'm not in the US). I modded my Wii so I can play Japanese and European imports, it was really simple.

It's bizarre to me that Nintendo is consistently skipping over quality titles (Xenoblade, Last Story, Fatal Frame IV) in NA, what is going on?

Oh well. I can careless if it comes to North America or not. If I can read it, I'll play it somehow. I'm sure we've all even played games that we couldn't read :P

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HiroLunet View Post
    Oh well. I can careless if it comes to North America or not. If I can read it, I'll play it somehow. I'm sure we've all even played games that we couldn't read :P
    Fortunately, there's a small island nation in Europe that speaks a language rather similar to American. If you import this game from Europe and run it via the Homebrew channel, you should be able to puzzle out most of the language.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Fortunately, there's a small island nation in Europe that speaks a language rather similar to American.
    Similar? That's a joke, right?

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

It's quite similar. (if one avoids the South)
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!

Yeah, I'm not too worked up about this. I'll be playing Xenoblade. I'd like it to get a NA release, it seems senseless for it not to, but I'll be importing no doubt about it.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Yay for us Europeans! Hey, just because I live in Australia, doesn't mean I don't enjoy the sweet sweet PAL juice of this RPG game.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/trac...iend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconNooB View Post
    It's quite similar. (if one avoids the South)
    and Glasgow for that matter.

Fortunately, there's a small island nation in Europe that speaks a language rather similar to American. If you import this game from Europe and run it via the Homebrew channel, you should be able to puzzle out most of the language.
    Oh gosh. How clever... I guess what I said wasn't clear enough. Simply put, I've seen more of a stink about this game not coming to North America than almost any game in recent memory. It'll be in English. Who gives a damn where it's sold?

Just import it people.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Naw, they're too weird. They spell tire with a Y and sprinkle extra "u"s all over the place.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

I've stopped worrying about Operation Rainfall (to whatever minor extent I ever did in the first place)

I had always intended to import it in the case that it didn't see a US release, so it was never a huge concern for me either way. I'll be paying a bit more to import it, but I'll survive

At this point I just hope that others do the same and contribute to it doing well enough in Europe that NoA feels stupid in hindsight

Quote Originally Posted by HiroLunet View Post
    Who gives a damn where it's sold?
    People who are on a budget? It's not going to stop me personally, but the exchange rate + overseas shipping makes buying a game from Europe considerably more expensive than buying it locally, and a lot of people aren't willing to shell out that much extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Minneyar View Post
    People who are on a budget? It's not going to stop me personally, but the exchange rate + overseas shipping makes buying a game from Europe considerably more expensive than buying it locally, and a lot of people aren't willing to shell out that much extra.
    Indeed. It does suck, but nevertheless there will be access to the game. It may be a good idea to just accept that.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Just imagine having to pay those prices on a perpetual basis ...
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!