Thread: Six Minutes in Heaven With Tales of Xillia

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Six Minutes in Heaven With Tales of Xillia

While it's not quite a full seven minutes in heaven, Namco Bandai has treated its fans to an extra long trailer for Tales of Xillia. Isn't it lovely? I'd like more than six minutes in heaven with it.

Story.

RPGamer's special Tales rule: Only Tales of Xillia is to be discussed in this thread. If any mention of Vesperia PS3 comes up, there will be heck to pay.

I really should put my import preorder down for this right now.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    Maybe I should too and just forget about waiting for an English version. I almost cried that was so cool! Without checking anything, it sounds like Motoi Sakuraba is doing the music. I've heard a LOT of people say that his music for all the other Tales games is "so vanilla" and boring. But the background music in that Xillia trailer was freaking awesome to me. What did you other Tales fans think of his music in other Tales games?

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    That was some really good-looking 2D animation. They went all-out for that. I have no idea how to describe that setting, though. A lot of fantasy and sci-fi mixing going on.

Zoltan, I for one have enjoyed the music in all the ones I've played, being Eternia, Legendia, Abyss, Symphonia, and Vesperia.

All I know is Ayumi Hamasaki is singing the theme tune and therefore I shall buy a copy.

Also, the article heading sounds like the title of an adult movie... for some unfortunate man >:

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryZoltan View Post
    Maybe I should too and just forget about waiting for an English version. I almost cried that was so cool! Without checking anything, it sounds like Motoi Sakuraba is doing the music. I've heard a LOT of people say that his music for all the other Tales games is "so vanilla" and boring. But the background music in that Xillia trailer was freaking awesome to me. What did you other Tales fans think of his music in other Tales games?
    I, also, am a pretty big fan of Sakuraba's work in Tales Of, but I know his strongest point is excellent battle themes over more incidental music, but he has some good stuff from there too, like Vow of Unity from Vesperia and Zone Cage from Graces.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryZoltan View Post
    You can check his Gameography here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motoi_Sakuraba#Games

I played Tales of Phantasia and thought that soundtrack was excellent. I played Tales of Symphonia and thought that soundtrack was mediocre. Mostly I liked the original version of any remixed song in that soundtrack (rather than the Symphonia version). I also liked the Eternal Sonata soundtrack.

All I have to say is......Hot Chick with a Sword.
    Last edited by flamethrower; 07-13-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Sweet Tales of the Japanese!
    Bring it!

This looks really good. I'm usually reserved when it comes to Tales of games but I'm already getting excited for Xillia.