Thread: Kingdom Hearts 3D to Provide Glimpse of Third Main Game

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar

Kingdom Hearts 3D to Provide Glimpse of Third Main Game

It seems that the "3" in Kingdom Hearts 3D doesn't just stand for its platform and subtitle. Fans of the series will probably be glad that some details on the next main game are starting to come out.

Story
    Last edited by Strawberry Eggs; 07-15-2011 at 08:15 AM.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Aside from the 40-50% complete note there's really not much to parse out of there. Sora's "secret data"? Can someone decode that into English?
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

I assume "secret data" means the protagonist of coded (which was dubbed Data Sora).

That would make sense as Coded is a direct sequel to KHII.

Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    Aside from the 40-50% complete note there's really not much to parse out of there. Sora's "secret data"? Can someone decode that into English?
    Decode: it's going to be a hot mess. Seriously though, it revolves around the data collected while Sora was in memory reconstruction status after CoM.

Pretty much...
    The data mechanism makes sense as to why we see so many Soras falling from the sky and why Sora and Riku are their younger selves. I'm assuming the reason why they can scale buildings has to do with data manipulation too (a la Matrix =p) ?

So Kingdom Hearts III will probably be released onto PS4/XBox Pi R squared/Wii U...

Quote Originally Posted by VncentValntine View Post
    So Kingdom Hearts III will probably be released onto PS4/XBox Pi R squared/Wii U...
    Seems likely at this point. I thought Nomura said KHIII was going into production after Vs XIII.

The data mechanism might explain a bunch of things about this game actually. Based on the trailers that were shown (and the name) I'd fully expect this game to be occurring in some sort of dream-world or simulated reality. As for scaling buildings, go back and watch Another Side, Another Story