Thread: Minor Map Adjustments Made to Disgaea 4

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Minor Map Adjustments Made to Disgaea 4

Disgaea 4 is going to see some minor changes in North America and Europe when it releases. Thankfully, these changes are not to its zany sense of humor.

Boo urns.

I know very little about the game mechanics and everything that's been tweaked or added, removed or otherwise (on purpose) so I'm not exactly sure how this change will even matter to me. All I can say is "I want" and barring some random, radically changing of the game to a first person shooter or the life will really stop me from the want.

So does this mean that you couldn't say, make a map of a humourous body part (such as a left foot ) and give it a rude name (like Your mum's afoot! ) ?

Not that the thought had ever crossed my mind.

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    Is that the reason they're changing the map editor? Because of people making maps that look vulgar or something? That's the lamest thing I've ever heard. It sounds to me like the Japanese version can edit every block of a map to their liking but Americans will have to choose from preconstructed larger blocks to build with and for some reason they will not be able to use the same block over and over again? Doesn't that DRASTICALLY reduce the possibilities of our map making? This is crappy news!

According to NIS America, the Map Editor mode is only seeing a minor adjustment through its design, detailed maps as they can in its Japanese counterpart.
    I don't even know what this is

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Hrm, there was a lot more to that section when I proofed the article, I think we may have had a backspace booboo or correction misunderstanding. I'll go fix it. It should say, "According to NIS America, the Map Editor mode is seeing a minor adjustment in its design. Players will not be able to create as detailed maps as they can in its Japanese counterpart."

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I'm not all that psyched for making my own maps anyway, so I don't really mind. However, in the screenshots, I couldn't help but notice the word "corrupternment." *facepalm* Really? Corrupternment? I like how you preserve the whimsy in your localization of the Disgaea franchise, NISA, but don't get carried away. :P Just a little nitpick I felt compelled to share.
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001

That's disappointing... :/

I'm not a big fan of map editing. No problem here.

Certainly not the biggest deal really as I'd probably rarely use it...however, what' the point? Why bother taking something away that was already there and functioning? Blah. Mildly disappointing.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HiroLunet View Post
    Certainly not the biggest deal really as I'd probably rarely use it...however, what' the point? Why bother taking something away that was already there and functioning? Blah. Mildly disappointing.
    Apparently they had to completely re-do the interface for the English version anyway, so the feature actually wasn't working with an English-language interface. Exactly what happened to cause single tiles to no longer be placeable wasn't explained, though. Maybe they couldn't get it working with the new interface, or maybe Sony was worried about a raft of phallus-shaped levels polluting the PSN. Not that the new system will stop that sort of thing from happening anyway.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I don't really care. In fact, I don't even care about Disgaea 4, I only pre-ordered it for the action figures, lol!

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Apparently they had to completely re-do the interface for the English version anyway, so the feature actually wasn't working with an English-language interface. Exactly what happened to cause single tiles to no longer be placeable wasn't explained, though. Maybe they couldn't get it working with the new interface, or maybe Sony was worried about a raft of phallus-shaped levels polluting the PSN. Not that the new system will stop that sort of thing from happening anyway.
    I can't imagine Sony being worried about phallus-shaped levels, as it's gonna happen anyway (as you said), and if they were worried, they wouldn't be pushing "play, create, share" as friggin hard as they've been (LittleBigPlanet was clearly not enough to influence LBP2 or Modnation Racers). There's gotta be something else.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Mine craft is a shameful game that is perverting our children. I am glad NISA removed the Minecraft like features from their game about demons.
    Last edited by Xerain; 07-17-2011 at 08:50 PM.
    <span style=\'color:#009966\'>I miss my old prettiful sig.</span>