Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Man Legends 3 Officially Canceled

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Mega Man Legends 3 Officially Canceled

It's a sad day for Mega Man Legends fans as the 3DS game has been officially canned. For those in mourning, a candlelight vigil will be held by RPGamers all over the world as they lament the loss of this new Legends title.

Story.

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Not much to add that I haven't already said in the RPG sub-forum, so I'll just reiterate this was fairly disheartening to hear.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

From a more recent post on Capcom Unity:

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Because the thing is, there are tough realities in this industry that are largely left unpublicized for a good reason--because they're tough. All games go through a multi-stage approval process, but most games are not brought to the public's attention until that final approval has been met. With Mega Man Legends 3, exposing the fans to that process was part of the project's core concept--to show everybody what it really means to create a game. We were all in it together here, for better or worse, and now together we must accept the outcome that many games ultimately face.
    Some of the fan entitlement on the Capcom Unity site, however, is frankly disgusting. Wishing cancer on Capcom employees because they cancelled a project?

NOT COOL

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    Some of the fan entitlement on the Capcom Unity site, however, is frankly disgusting. Wishing cancer on Capcom employees because they cancelled a project?

NOT COOL
    News like this always brings out the ugly side of fans

But you have to remember that their forum is full of children and young teenagers so it's not surprising. You don't want to see how the post of DmC where.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    But you have to remember that their forum is full of children and young teenagers so it's not surprising.
    I can only imagine what the Legends 3 GameFAQs forum looks like right now.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    I can't say I'm surprised. MML3 was clearly Inafune's baby, much like Megaman Universe, which was canceled almost immediately after Inafune left the company. I'm only surprised that this didn't happen day-and-date with the Universe cancellation.

NOT COOL
    Yeah, looks like we have ourselves another fine entry for that fandumb thread I made over on misc.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Awwww nuts.

The cynic in me is saying that I should not have gotten my hopes up so much in the first place. Oh well. I should go thank the devs to stem the tide of tactless posts. I'm sure more than a few of the people who were working on MML3 had genuine affection for it. I for one at least appreciate the effort.
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yeah, I doubt it's the fault of the development team that the game got canceled. The entire process oozed reluctance on Capcom's part, and I call bull pucky on Capcom's insistance that Inafune's departure had nothing to do with the cancellation.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Banned Banned

NOT COOL
    Yeah, that was only acceptable back when it was announced that Gyakuten Kenji 2 isn't being localized, for anything else that's just going too far.

Quote Originally Posted by HJ+ View Post
    Yeah, that was only acceptable back when it was announced that Gyakuten Kenji 2 isn't being localized, for anything else that's just going too far.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Yeah, I doubt it's the fault of the development team that the game got canceled. The entire process oozed reluctance on Capcom's part, and I call bull pucky on Capcom's insistance that Inafune's departure had nothing to do with the cancellation.
    Yeah, I laughed at that one too. Stevie Wonder could see what's really going on here.

Can't say I get it. Probably because I don't know where that comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    Can't say I get it. Probably because I don't know where that comes from.
    That would be the James-May-is-disappointed gif, which makes sense if you've seen Top Gear.

In case I need to spell things out, though: Wishing cancer on people isn't cool, so knock it off.

Banned Banned

> mfw he thinks I'm serious

That would be the James-May-is-disappointed gif, which makes sense if you've seen Top Gear.

In case I need to spell things out, though: Wishing cancer on people isn't cool, so knock it off.
    Ah, that would explain it. I have BBC America on my cable system (UVerse) but I don't know when they show Top Gear. Gonna have to look.

Quote Originally Posted by HJ+
    > mfw he thinks I'm serious
    Not funny joke is not funny. Just so you know.

Who needs Rinoa anyway? Rebochan's Avatar
    Well, as long as Capcom doesn't find a way to cancel Top Gear, I at least have some joy in the universe left to look forward to.

Capcom's been making a lot of waves lately that they don't find the Megaman brand viable anymore. Which is insane, but there you go.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    what's actually newsworthy about this is that someone bothered to announce cancelling a game rather than just not mentioning it for a good while and hope no one asks about it again.

*quietly curses squeenix for abandoning a highlander rpg*

Quote Originally Posted by Rebochan View Post
    Well, as long as Capcom doesn't find a way to cancel Top Gear, I at least have some joy in the universe left to look forward to.

Capcom's been making a lot of waves lately that they don't find the Megaman brand viable anymore. Which is insane, but there you go.
    Well, Capcom's pretty much made it clear that they don't wanna do Megaman games anymore. I doubt we'd have gotten MM9 and 10 without Inafune, really. With him gone, there's no one left to carry the torch anymore.

Well, Capcom's pretty much made it clear that they don't wanna do Megaman games anymore. I doubt we'd have gotten MM9 and 10 without Inafune, really. With him gone, there's no one left to carry the torch anymore.
    I do agree and I think the Megaman IP will be archived for a very long time. It's too bad that I will never know about what will happen on the next ZX series that I was hooked in.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowl Sorcerous View Post
    *quietly curses squeenix for abandoning a highlander rpg*
    Wait...what? They did WHAT?

Didn't those sell well?