Thread: Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls DLC Available Now

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar

Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls DLC Available Now

If you're looking for more to do in Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls, XSEED Games has heard you. "The Red Shadow of the Sister" is now available on PSN.

Story
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    You know..I'm a big fan of all things related to Wizardry.... and I'm OK with the DLC business model... but DANNNNNG. Someone is going to the cookie jar a bit too often here. This kinda stuff gives DLC a bad name.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    You mean a $15 game that contains 3/4 of the floors, requiring you to spend $5 on day 1 DLC to unlock the other 1/4 of the game? And now an $8 DLC a month later to add more floors? I'm with you. It seems more like an interesting experiment in consumer spending on ultra-niche games than a wise business plan.

For me, it doesn't help that Acquire's last US release was a significantly larger, better game. I tried LoLS and put it down a little over halfway through when I realized it made up for the tiny dungeon by requiring a *lot* of farming to survive the ridiculous difficulty spikes. XSEED would have gotten more of my money by charging $20 for the full game and not splitting it out across a couple early DLCs.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

Did XSEED actually take the full game and slit it up or was it like this in Japan as well?

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    I don't know. I didn't mean to imply that XSEED chose to split it where Acquire did not. My guess would be that it was split the same way in Japan, possibly spread over a longer period as it's been out for a couple of years there.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

XSEED didn't split it. It was broken up like this in Japan as well.