Thread: New Digimon RPG to Release On PSP

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

New Digimon RPG to Release On PSP

This editor is going to be singing the Digimon theme song for the rest of the day, as Namco Bandai has announced a new RPG in the franchise. If you know the words, you can join in and sing along.

Story

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I just hope the gameplay is actually good this time...and that the story is at least mediocre. I just want a decent Digimon game for once.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    I just hope the gameplay is actually good this time...and that the story is at least mediocre. I just want a decent Digimon game for once.
    Digimon World Dawn and Dusk are insanely addictive games. They're great games and better than decent Digimon games.

Also, this news does nothing for me even with the Digimon fan inside me. PSP next year doesn't sound too good for actually seeing this over here.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Out of curiosity, were the Digimon games on GBA or DS any good? I keep seeing them super cheap everywhere.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    I'm only interested in this game because it's being made by CyberConnect2. I dunno if we have any chance of actually getting this over here, but I usually like what CC2 puts out.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

I was always hoping for another Digimon game in the vein of Digimon World 3. I really liked that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Out of curiosity, were the Digimon games on GBA or DS any good? I keep seeing them super cheap everywhere.
    Actually the only decent ones are Digimon World Dawn and Dusk. The other ones are decent if you like digimon, but otherwise they're actually pretty poor games. Dusk and Dawn kept being fun for me because you could battle other people over WiFi, also they're kind of a min/max-er's dream, just don't expect a mind blowing awesome story, since it is mostly directed towards a younger audience (until you battle the serious players online...). There was another Digimon game being made that looked to be a more refined version for the DS but I haven't heard much about it and it seems linked to the new series.

[edit] I couldn't think of a better link than the amazon.ca ones and i'm too lazy to try to find better ones
    Last edited by lolwhoops; 07-24-2011 at 01:32 PM.

I forget the name of it, but one of the PS2 Digimon games was a surprising amount of fun. Watch out for Creepymon! As someone above said, I doubt this will come out over here, but if it does, I'm all over it.

i love the first and second digimon games for the PS1; the second one was alot more fun IMO because it was alot like a traditional RPG: turn based combat going through dungeons. i want another digimon rpg like that!

they also need to make digimon games more like the pokemon games. they need to allow us to be able to get any of the digimon, not just like a couple hundred.

I have enjoyed many Digimon games over the years (especially the DS ones!!!), so I might just be interested in this!
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDest...7?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    I'm only interested in this game because it's being made by CyberConnect2. I dunno if we have any chance of actually getting this over here, but I usually like what CC2 puts out.
    It's not being made by CyberConnect2. Where'd you get that idea? It's being made by tri-Crescendo (which is clearly stated in the article).
    Last edited by Rambotipelto; 07-24-2011 at 05:19 PM.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Ack, sorry. Got my developers mixed up. Read this story on Siliconera first, and around the same time there was one about CyberConnect2 being interested in taking over Megaman Legends 3 (even though it'll never happen). Got them mixed up somehow.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

with the psp dead except in Japan I doubt we'll see this which makes me wonder if my old PSP is region free?(time to Google it)
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    All PSPs are region free (thank god). As for whether we will get it...I give it a 50/50 shot.

Digimon games as a rule are insanely addictive to me. I have played all of the PS1 games to exhaustion, easily sinking 60-100 hours into each back in the day.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief