Thread: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning to Arrive in February

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning to Arrive in February

Will Kingdoms of Amalur be released this year? Not by Todd McFarlane's reckoning. Seems we'll have to wait until February to get a chance to play.

Story
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

I'm there. Forget ME3, give me this.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Host of The Sectorcast Rosestorm's Avatar
    I'm right there with you Mac, I want this game something fierce. Especially after the fire chakrams video we saw for the mage characters.
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.

Yeah, those chakrams were pretty awesome looking.

Very excited about this one myself. That doesn't seem to far off. ;P
    My Links:

DeviantArt, Twitter

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm ok with it being in February. Soooooo many games left to play...

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    You guys were all so easily seduced by those fire chakrams. I mean, I suppose they look cool but it doesn't seem like anything we haven't seen before. In tons of other games there are flaming weapons that can be flinged out far in front of you.

It's going to be a sweet game. Of course the gameplay needs to be solid but once I'm passed that, the most important thing to me is how beautiful my world is. We'll see how it compares to Oblivion's beautiful world.

Now that it's delayed, I'll be able to finish Skyrim before it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryZoltan View Post
    You guys were all so easily seduced by those fire chakrams. I mean, I suppose they look cool but it doesn't seem like anything we haven't seen before. In tons of other games there are flaming weapons that can be flinged out far in front of you.
    What makes KoA different is that it's the mage character that gets to use the chakrams. In most RPG, mages are given simple staves to use and their combat abilities are downplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zbornak View Post
    What makes KoA different is that it's the mage character that gets to use the chakrams. In most RPG, mages are given simple staves to use and their combat abilities are downplayed.
    Well, in the games this designer has worked on before (Oblivion/Morrowind) there wasn't much of a fighter/mage distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryZoltan View Post

It's going to be a sweet game. Of course the gameplay needs to be solid but once I'm passed that, the most important thing to me is how beautiful my world is. We'll see how it compares to Oblivion's beautiful world.

Now that it's delayed, I'll be able to finish Skyrim before it comes out.
    One note about this story, it's been slated for 2012 since before PAX East, so it's not a delay this time as much as it's got a rough date.

That said, I like the fire chakrams as much as the next person, but that's not what sold me on this game. Having seen the combat in action and meeting the team behind this, I'm very hopeful for KoA. I can't guarantee anything about the quality having not played it, but I'm more than cautiously optimistic. It's more than the chakrams that have me feeling that way, too.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yes, seeing this game on the big screen at PAX East hyped me on it. It looks both gorgeous and fun to play.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    When I play, I'm going to go out of my way to make a character that's resistant to fire and projectile attacks. It's my personal rebellion. Hahaha.

I wonder if there is going to be thievery and stuff, too. And an arena. And guilds. And charismatic townspeople. Uwaaaa! I'm getting excited by comparing it to Oblivion.