Thread: Persona 2 to Sin in Europe

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Persona 2 to Sin in Europe

Ghostlight seems to be spoiling its fans rotten with PSP RPGs, and has announced another to join the ranks. This time European Persona fans will get to sin innocently very soon.

Story.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Jeez, Atlus should just open up a European branch already

However, it will not be sold in Germany without some censorship, if at all. The whole Hitler showing up in the game and all.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Khisanth Magus View Post
    However, it will not be sold in Germany without some censorship, if at all. The whole Hitler showing up in the game and all.
    Well, the Hitler stuff has already been partially censored (no uniform, no swastikas), but yeah, I bet it needs to be even more so to be in compliance with Germany's laws.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Who needs Rinoa anyway? Rebochan's Avatar
    Would they really censor it for all of Europe though as opposed to just the German language release?
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebochan View Post
    Would they really censor it for all of Europe though as opposed to just the German language release?
    I think the censoring was done worldwide for the PSP port (correct me if I'm wrong). If something needs extra censoring for a German release it will not usually affect the rest of Europe.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yes, the changes to the Hitler section were origianlly made for the Japanese version and are carrying over to the localized versions.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance