Thread: Risen 2: Dark Waters Roundtable Interview

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar

Risen 2: Dark Waters Roundtable Interview

RPGamer got the chance to talk to Deep Silver and Piranha Bytes about Risen 2: Dark Waters. Look inside to see what they will be showing at Gamescom and what has changed since E3 2011.

-Link to Interview
    Last edited by risingsun; 08-11-2011 at 01:23 PM.

The pirate theme permeates through the game in more than just setting and story. In Risen 1, you could join one of three factions. Depending on what faction you joined, everything from your perspective on the story and the world down to little things like the user interface changed. In fact, to see all of the game's content, you would have to play the game to completion three times. Piranha Bytes is hoping to fix a lot of that with Risen 2.
    Aside from that being a massive exaggeration of the extent factions changed the game (the major changes stopped after chapter 1), are they really trying to say that multiple questlines based on faction choices are a bad thing?

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris View Post
    Aside from that being a massive exaggeration of the extent factions changed the game (the major changes stopped after chapter 1), are they really trying to say that multiple questlines based on faction choices are a bad thing?
    Seriously. Of all the reviews I read of Risen 1, not a single one mentioned a branching path as a negative.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    I don't know. I kinda get annoyed when I can't get everything in one play.

This game is gonna be AWESOME! I can't wait to make my crew.
    Like RPGs? Then you will like my RPG comedy show. Watch free RIGHT HERE!

FaceBook | Twitter | Website