Thread: Sylia - Impression

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Sylia - Impression

Sylia is a game full of super duper cute animals. But why wasn't it cute enough for this editor to complete? See why in this informative impression.

Impression

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Sounds like poison.

-Kel

well well, look who it is randal77's Avatar
    The art style doesn't really do much for me.

I kind of know what you mean when you say you have less patience for playing rpgs after playing a lot of them. I used to have way more patience to try and get into a game. When I spent hours upon hours getting into the rougelike ADOM and actually finishing it on my millionth try 8 years ago (Dark Elven wizard! I sealed the Caverns of Chaos, but had so many corruptions I died alone as an outcast ) but I just can't keep focused on Dwarf Fortress long enough to know how to play it properly, even though everything about it screams good game.

Although I did have less games and less things to do back in the old days. That might have something to do with it.
    Wait a second... If you're here, than that means... oh boy

I played the demo for about an hour and decided it wasn't for me either. The first map was such a disorganized mess that I didn't dare imagine what some of the later ones look like.

I still have yet to complete a RPGMaker indie RPG but I'm sure there are some good ones out there I just can't bring myself to pay $10-$20 for one when I have so many incomplete games on my shelf. I have however picked up Breath of Death and Cthulu and while I haven't beaten them I've played a bit and found them enjoyable and the price point was a lot more accessible.

I have also purchased several rpgs for my IPad I just hope some of these indie RPG developers find a way to get their games on these devices because I bet their sales would be significantly higher at a lower price available to millions.

Hero Killer, check out one of the christmas ones from John Wizard, they're free in entirety, so they're a great demo for his other games. Some of the most polished rpgmaker fare I've seen.

As for this one, I enjoyed my time with the demo, but haven't picked up the full game yet. I probably will at some point, but that will have to be after I catch up on the Laxius Force and Millenium series.

The art style of this game already turned me off.