Thread: RPGCast - Episode 189: "Quintessential German Cold"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 189: "Quintessential German Cold"

RPGCast - Episode 189: "Quintessential German Cold"

EVE Online proves that people are willing to trust too much. EA proves that too many people try to log on to MMOs at launch. But best of all, Blizzard proves that if we just take a couple weeks and chill out, Diablo 3 becomes interesting again!

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/189

RPGCast streams live, sometimes on Friday at 10 PM Eastern / 7 PM Pacific, usually on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Quintessential German Cold"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    Now THAT was some unbelievable news! Diablo 3 is coming to freaking consoles... I NEVER thought I'd hear something like that. But Torchlight 2 is also labelled as coming to PS3, although there is no news about it. The problem now is, which is better? I don't need to play both. Which do you guys think will be better?

I think the amount of hand-crafting they're planning to doing to the Skyrim environments is actually enough for us to get excited. Having them randomly generated and then just touched up will probably make a huge difference. Especially, compared to Oblivion because the dungeons really are just as Manuel says.

I for one REALLY would like to play Elder Scrolls entirely in 3rd person. I have high hopes for the Skyrim 3rd person. It's not the camera that sucked in Oblivion but the character's animations. Especially, the jumping. OH MY GOD!

That Minecraft Sanctuary sounds amazing! I can't wait to see the tour in the video. 200 freaking hours?! That's unbelievable.
    Last edited by LegendaryZoltan; 08-20-2011 at 07:07 PM.

Host of The Sectorcast Rosestorm's Avatar
    Here are some images of what I've been building,

http://rpgsanctum.blogspot.com/
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.

Soooo, rather ironically, lack of sleep makes you hyper huh?

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure mongoose published the quintessential german cold as a splatbook like ten years back.

Wanna translate that into something the rest of us can understand? o.O

in the early days of the d20 bubble mongoose made a pile of lame to lamer sourcebooks focused on specific classes and races, all dubbed 'the quintessential...'

Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff noodle's Avatar
    what's this about bubble mongooses?

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Sorry, I could only find a bubble ferret.

bubblebath.jpg

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff noodle's Avatar
    omg it's so cuuuuuuuuuute!!!!!!!!

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    That ferret seems amazingly calm. Mine absolutely hates taking baths.
    Last edited by Strawberry Eggs; 08-22-2011 at 08:16 AM.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    FYI, Catherine is being published by Deep Silver in Europe. Ghostlight is not, but they did get Innocent Sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    FYI, Catherine is being published by Deep Silver in Europe. Ghostlight is not, but they did get Innocent Sin.
    Makes sense. The Catherine stand was tucked away at the corner of Deep Silver's larger stand. What wasn't easily explainable was why Deep Silver was showing off Deus Ex: HR.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    you know what the three people who understood that joke thought it was funny.

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar
    If you're going to be at PAX this year and want to hang out with us and support Extra Life at the same time, come to the PAXtra Life party on Friday night. We'll be recording a small RPG Cast live there and would love to ask you what your favorite stuff of the day was. Get your ticket here: http://www.splitreason.com/product/sarcasticgamer/967

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    I didn't get to focus on the whole 'cast cuz I kept getting interrupted...but I heard you all talking about Star Wars.

I agree with Anna. I was later into Star Wars, and I'm more into Star Trek, so KoTOR doesn't have the same appeal to me as it will to others. However, even if it did, I may still find it hard to leave WoW for it after hearing how much it IS like wow! If I'm leaving WoW, it would help if what I'm going to was actually a substantial step up gameplay wise. And, sure, having better graphics, dialogue, etc is big...but I have tons of friends, history, etc, already in WoW. I'd also be concerned that, like Rift, it would be like WoW, but be missing many of the things I've gotten use to and taken for granted in WoW, such as plug ins, random dungeon finder, lots of fast travel options, cross server play with friends (ok...still getting used to this) etc.

Thanks for the Diablo discussion. I think when I posted my original response I was still riled up. I usually listen to weekend confirmed before you podcast at work so I got some of Garnet's rage through osmosis.

Also Quinn's review of his experience at Gamescom was interesting. Love that stuff. His bringing in a "developer" perspective is always interesting. So keep it up.

Looking forward to all of your impressions of Deus Ex. I don't like WRPGs normally (except Bioshock.) So I'm hoping this actually does it for me unlike Bioware/Bethesda stuff.