Thread: Parasite Eve II Coming to PSN

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Parasite Eve II Coming to PSN

The long-lost cousin of the Resident Evil series has made its way to the realm of digital distribution. Unfortunately, there is a good chance that this will only lead to more talk about gratuitous shower scenes.

[Link]

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    They should've stuck with the gameplay of the original. Wasn't a big fan of this one.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

I'm not fond of this game because it changed what the original was in terms of combat and game play. This game is also very short... and Cocacola sponsoring it din't seem to help.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    TO HELL WITH THE GRATUITOUS SHOWER SCENES...that don't feature men. /joke

To be honest, I am going to get this game the day it comes out due to my sheer love for the battle system (weird I know, but I like what I like). I only wish the entirety of the game kept the atmosphere that was inside of the first area, because if they did the game might have been actually creepy.

I hope SE brings Saga Frontier next.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    I hope SE brings Saga Frontier next.
    This, or Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth becoming available on the PSN. I love Valkyrie Profile, but finding it in a store is like trying to defeat the Ethereal Queen in Seraphic Gate.

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    I was OK with this one. I needed to FAQ once or twice because I was too lazy to really work my way through a couple of the puzzles.

Loved PE2, and it had one massive improvement over PE1 - the speed of her movement! It was painful playing Eve 1 with her seemingly moving through treacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrovertigo View Post
    Loved PE2, and it had one massive improvement over PE1 - the speed of her movement! It was painful playing Eve 1 with her seemingly moving through treacle.
    Except you traded it off for terrible handling.

And the fact that you couldn't go three steps without switching screens, meaning that sometimes you couldn't even see the enemies you were shooting.

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    The first PE wasn't really that much better in terms of some of those issues. These SE games with the pre rendered backgrounds and whatnot had some serious limitations. I was fine with taking that over the very fugly 3D rendered games of the time. At any rate, I agree that the first PE was better...I just don't think that PE2 is quite as bad as some paint it to be.... at least if you're into retrogaming (today, the games do feel dated).

Quote Originally Posted by jcservant View Post
    I just don't think that PE2 is quite as bad as some paint it to be.... at least if you're into retrogaming (today, the games do feel dated).
    That was pretty much my first and, so far (until I get around to Amnesia & Penumbra), only survival horror game, and it wasn't a pleasant experience. I'd like to replay it at some point alongside a number of PSX games though to see how well it holds up. PE somewhat does, although the low texture and model quality really doesn't look good on a 23" HDTV.