Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeboyd Games Resurrects Penny Arcade Adventures

Zeboyd Games Resurrects Penny Arcade Adventures

After creating an undead hero in their first game and awakening an ancient evil in their second, Zeboyd Games decided to revive a cancelled series for their third title. Penny Arcade Adventures returns in 2012 thanks to the help of this indie developer.

Story
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Holy totally unexpected new project batman

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    OMG. That's awesome news.

EDIT: Also, scoop? None of my feeds are reporting this. Hot diggity exclusive!

EDIT EDIT: 16-bit style sounds like a good fit. From the demo of Episode 1, I got the impression that they were striving for 16-bit era combat style despite having everything 3D rendered and shiny. This is awesome news. I wonder if they'll redo the old games for consistency?
    Last edited by shoptroll; 08-26-2011 at 11:49 AM.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    Holy cap. That's awesome news.

EDIT: Also, scoop? None of my feeds are reporting this. Hot diggity exclusive!

EDIT EDIT: 16-bit style sounds like a good fit. From the demo of Episode 1, I got the impression that they were striving for 16-bit era combat style despite having everything 3D rendered and shiny. This is awesome news. I wonder if they'll redo the old games for consistency?
    Revealed during a face-to-face meeting with Zeboyd by RPGamer staff at PAX. We will be recording a full-on interview tomorrow morning.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Macstorm View Post
    Revealed during a face-to-face meeting with Zeboyd by RPGamer staff at PAX. We will be recording a full-on interview tomorrow morning.
    Niiiice. This is probably really exciting for Zeboyd since they're regulars on the PA forums too.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Zeboyd, you are gods among gaming developers. T_T

Um..holy...I mean...wow....

THAT was not something I expected. WOOHOOOOO!

Who needs Rinoa anyway? Rebochan's Avatar
    Whoa, big news!

As a side note, we had a discussion at the office about live and indie titles and someone brought up "That guy that's making all the money on 8-bit RPG throwbacks." Yep, he was talking about Breath of Death and Cthulu Saves the World.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

Just saw this mentioned in passing on the PA forums and came here to dig up one of the Zeboyd threads to see if it was true. Glad to see both that it is fact and that RPGamer is already on top of the story. My respect for Zeboyd Games just keeps on growing.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass

Quote Originally Posted by Rebochan View Post
    As a side note, we had a discussion at the office about live and indie titles and someone brought up
    I really wish I had gone to the "Indie Games will shoot you in the knees" panel at PAX East this year. I feel like that's an oddly prescient title given how smaller games this year are building a bit more buzz than bigger titles in some cases.

Wow. This isn't just some game. This is from a guy we've joked with for a while now. We also watched him rise from nothingness together. How often do you see news that's not only awesome, but makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? It's like seeing a friend win the lottery.

I look forward to forming a party of Annarchy, Fruit *EFF*er and Cthulhu.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Now that I'm back home and not on the phone I've got a couple questions, assuming Zeboyd pops in and it's not too soon to ask. First off I'm wondering with the side view combat if you're trying to maintain some continuity with the combat systems in the first two games, stuff like the atb-style timers and using oranges in battle to distract the anthropomorphized juicers, or if you're going with more of your own thing? Also curious how the writing works out, you guys have a great sense of humor so I could see the PA gentlemen just letting you go at it and maybe making a few suggestions here and there, but I could also see them wanting to be more heavily involved. Again, if this is stuff you can't go into yet I totally understand and also let me say once again that this is fantastic news.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass

I enjoyed both BoD7 and CStW, but I felt they were a little bit unbalanced. If they fixed that, it could be great.

Robert Boyd seems like a pretty cool guy to me. That is all.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Just went through my staff email and saw the original message about this game. I like that it had to be prefaced with "Seriously, this is not a practical joke."

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    This is incredible.

Will the lightning bolts still be there, and will they still be awesome?
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Quote Originally Posted by HyphyKezzy View Post
    Just saw this mentioned in passing on the PA forums and came here to dig up one of the Zeboyd threads to see if it was true. Glad to see both that it is fact and that RPGamer is already on top of the story. My respect for Zeboyd Games just keeps on growing.
    Yeah, those of us at PAX that thoroughly checked our swag bags got fliers that said the news in a vague sort of way.

I wasn't really into either the original PA games or Breath of Death/Cthulhu, but this sounds awesome for Zeboyd and a great example of XBLA indie developers actually parlaying success into greater opportunities. Congratulations.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Sweet! But now I feel compelled to make the time to play the first two episodes... at some point.

Congrats Bill and Robert! I'm so proud of you guys!