Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Persona Overloads Latest Famitsu

Persona Overloads Latest Famitsu

Today, we don't reach out to the truth. No, we reach out to find money for a PlayStation Vita and the other host of Persona goodness coming our way.

Story
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Does anybody remember back when they said there would be no FES version of Persona 4? :-/

I guess this is cool and all, but I already spent 110+ hours on P4, and I really don't have the time to play it again. Maybe the fighting game will be cool, though.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    And Persona 5 is on the way, hurrah!

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

well well, look who it is randal77's Avatar
    Persona 5 is definitely my most anticipated game at the moment.

A Persona 4 FES is exciting, but I worry that having played through P4 twice already, I won't have the patience for a 95% the same thing playthrough.

And a... P3 and P4 fighting game? ...Huh?
    Wait a second... If you're here, than that means... oh boy

Quote Originally Posted by randal77 View Post
    And a... P3 and P4 fighting game? ...Huh?
    After Blazblue, I trust it'll be a good one.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    As someone who stalled in the last quarter of the game, this gives me a huge reason to get a Vita, especially as this will be an upgrade to P4 and not a downgrade as with P3P. Also, I'm totally for more P5 info and less remakes.

Apparently the team stated that they will not be adding a female playable main character. So sad if that's true.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Please gods, let the fan-requested feature be a male/male relationship opportunity with Kanji.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Please gods, do not heed aethersphere's request.

Seriously, though, I don't know what I'd say if the fan-requested feature is romantic male-male social links. I really can't think of what other feature could be as requested as a FMC, though.

Wow, that was kinda mean. Gay men play RPGs too you know. Most every LGBT player I know thought Kanji's whole sexual identity thing was a fair bit of character derailment. It'd be nice to see Atlus address that.

Who needs Rinoa anyway? Rebochan's Avatar
    Character derailment? What? I don't think that term means what you think it means.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

I liked Kanji's story of struggling with his gender and sexual identity. I only wish I'd had the option to kick Yosuke's *** for giving Kanji a hard time about it. Maybe Kanji is straight but confused about his sexuality because he's into things that people say are "for girls." That makes him a nice counterpart to Naoto. Maybe he's bisexual and struggling with that identity. The game doesn't make it clear, and I'm ok with that. Either way, I think his struggle is nicely nuanced and quite realistic.

I don't know if Kanji is the right character for a male/male social link romance, mostly because his social link is already full of awesomeness and I'm not sure I'd want to see it changed. I do hope that future Persona games will include same-sex romance options, however (and if the MC continues to be a blank slate, it'd be neat if they gave us a gender choice for the MC in every game.)

I never took it as Kanji struggled with his sexual identity, I took it as he was attracted to *him* because it was a girl all along. He was confused cause it was a guy, and that worried him, but it turns out he was a she so it was all ok, but just kept being taunted by Yosuke. It wasn't like she looked like a male, I was confused and thought the localization messed with it cause I thought it was a female.

The fighting game is a head scratcher for me. Is it going to be their trademark personas.. or the actual high school students leaping around? Or will they gesture and a gigantic persona ghost phantom carries out their moves? Just the player parties? Or are NPCs like P3's gothic Lolita, P4's main human villain, etc.? Hmm.

I like the remakes, I really do. But it seems... lazy to remake titles that came out so recently. I like the P3 portable, but it seemed unnecessary (and I missed the running around element, and more dynamic social links, for whatever reason). It makes a bit more sense with Persona 1/2 because the games are pretty old, and alot of the newer persona fans never played them (they haven't quite received Persona3 style makeovers though). I would've preferred that instead of time spent on Persona 3/4 remakes (which were just last gen) they'd focused on a persona/main smt release for this gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Char_Aznable View Post
    I never took it as Kanji struggled with his sexual identity, I took it as he was attracted to *him* because it was a girl all along. He was confused cause it was a guy, and that worried him, but it turns out he was a she so it was all ok, but just kept being taunted by Yosuke. It wasn't like she looked like a male, I was confused and thought the localization messed with it cause I thought it was a female.
    I'm thinking more about Kanji's TV world and social link more than his relationship with Naoto. He's clearly wondering about and struggling with his sexual identity, and had been doing so since long before he met Naoto. Being attracted to Naoto was more of a side effect of his own exploration... if you're walking the line of gender and sexual identity yourself, it's pretty normal to be attracted to somebody else who is doing the same thing.

Give me Underboob, or give me death!

"As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe

New Member New Registered User
    Wow, that fighting game looks amazing. I second that Persona 5 is absolutely my most anticipated game, as well as P4G being a huge boost in consideration toward purchasing a Vita.

Quote Originally Posted by Oyashiro View Post
    I'm not really good at fighters, but I'll play some from time to time, but a Persona 4 fighter that takes place shortly after the end of the game? Very exciting, and these screen shots look really nice.

All this news, is just... to much... to take in!
    My Links:

DeviantArt, Twitter

well well, look who it is randal77's Avatar
    Oh wow, that fighting game looks really pretty.

So who have we got so far... P4 main character, Aigis, Yosuke, Chie, a priestess character (Yukiko?) and an Emprorer character (Kanji?). Four character slots left - wonder who'll we'll get? Pity it's only 10.

So is rpgamer going to cover it? I mean, I know it's not an rpg. But it's Persona 4!
    Wait a second... If you're here, than that means... oh boy

Who needs Rinoa anyway? Rebochan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Char_Aznable View Post
    Kanji doesn't even find out about that until well after he's already confronted his sexuality. And his social link was Naoto-free and left the door wide open if you followed it to Rank 10. The fact that his reaction to learning Naoto's secret was sympathy for her own sexual confusion suggests that its not simply a case of "It's a girl, so that makes me normal". It wouldn't have changed that he'd been struggling with his sexuality and his non-gender normative behaviors.

I dunno, I don't know THAT many LGBT players, but the reaction I got from them was generally positive aside from how Yosuke treated him.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes