Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem Returns in 3D

Fire Emblem Returns in 3D

Fire Emblem is back and in 3D, but it also has new features that gamers actually care about like a new story and gameplay features. If North America gets this, maybe it will help the sting from missing the last one on DS.

Story

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Thread Opening Post By Rebochan:

Details are pretty scarce at the moment, but here ya go.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/12...s-next-spring/

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kyWc...el_video_title

Really, really hoping this one doesn't slip through the cracks the way the last one did. Seriously, the last several FE titles had higher sales outside Japan, period. They're idiots for letting it waste away like this. But then again, if they weren't idiots, I guess they wouldn't be making localization choices for NoA.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

So true. This was the highlight of the 3DS conference. I need this now.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    DID I JUST SEE IKE!? PLEASE tell me I did!

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I second Mac's sentiments. Since it'll on the 3DS, I'm hoping that NoA, NLC, or whoever decides these localization matters isn't skittish about this game.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Who needs Rinoa anyway? Rebochan's Avatar
    It looks like it. Maybe we'll be getting a third game in the Tellius series? Seems odd considering how they wrapped that up pretty well in RD though.

Speaking of, it's kind of sad, but they've easily made a better LOOKING game than RD on the 3DS here. The animations alone are much better.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

Member Member
    Don't forget Mystery of the Emblem for DS. Still worth importing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebochan View Post
    It looks like it. Maybe we'll be getting a third game in the Tellius series? Seems odd considering how they wrapped that up pretty well in RD though.

Speaking of, it's kind of sad, but they've easily made a better LOOKING game than RD on the 3DS here. The animations alone are much better.
    Actually, Ike and Soren left without a word at the end of that, and it was said they were traveling beyond the desert. Which means we have an entire continent to explore. Also, I saw co-op attacks there. Me likey.

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    Surprisingly, this looks really awesome. Before clicking the link, I assumed this was going to be yet another remake done in the same style as the previous two DS Fire Emblems. Was I ever wrong, haha. This is might make me consider getting a 3DS. Of course, the question is, will it ever get localized?
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGod View Post
    Surprisingly, this looks really awesome. Before clicking the link, I assumed this was going to be yet another remake done in the same style as the previous two DS Fire Emblems. Was I ever wrong, haha. This is might make me consider getting a 3DS. Of course, the question is, will it ever get localized?
    This is the problem I'm having. If it's not going to be localized, there will be much fanboy raging and foaming at the mouth (not done by me, but the fandom in general). Knowing our luck, it wouldn't be surprising if NoA didn't bring it over.

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Seriously, the last several FE titles had higher sales outside Japan, period. They're idiots for letting it waste away like this. But then again, if they weren't idiots, I guess they wouldn't be making localization choices for NoA.
    Are there any recent FE titles that weren't localized? At this point, I wouldn't be terrible surprised if a roulette wheel or dart board was involved with NOA's localization decisions.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    Are there any recent FE titles that weren't localized?
    Yes. Japan got another FE remake for the DS back in the summer of 2010. I am still waiting on that. It's Book 2 of Marth's story.

So THAT'S the guy who made me think I was looking at Ike during the attack animations.

If this is localized I might have a reason to pick up a 3DS down the line. It will be interesting to see where this plot fits in with the rest of the games.

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    ...Is it just me or do those character designs seem similar to something from a Valkyria Chronicles game? They look great, regardless.

Anyways, we have a new story, new characters, tag-team attacks reminiscent of a SRW game, animated 3D cutscenes, and 3D battles that seems to combine the styles of the GBA and Radiance games. I really like how this game has been shaping up so far. If this comes over to the US I'll be very happy.

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    I would buy a 3DS for this.

If it gets localized, so would I.

That's kind of the big one here. If NoA refuses to support their hardware, I won't buy a 3DS. If they bring over titles like this instead of just Mario and Zelda and Kirby, I'll get one.

I'm not seeing Ike here, but there definitely is someone with blue hair, but that's not really saying much since that could be anyone. Anyways, I'm pretty excited for this; we haven't had a Fire Emblem game over here in years and I'm pretty excited. So much so that I may now go back and finish the last two that I never did. Now Nintendo just needs to announce a new Advance Wars and I'll be totally happy with my 3DS for a while.

Yea, the new guy isn't Ike - the character art is distinctly non-Ikeian. Plus some people over on GAF read the Japanese and his name is apparently "Chrome".

Yea, the new guy isn't Ike - the character art is distinctly non-Ikeian. Plus some people over on GAF read the Japanese and his name is apparently "Chrome".
    When I first saw the video for it he never got a portrait or anything other than the battle scenes, in which he did look like Ike in the few seconds it showed him, but that could just be his character model doing that.