Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TGS Kingdom Hearts 3D Demo Has Surprise Cameo

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar

TGS Kingdom Hearts 3D Demo Has Surprise Cameo

The world ends with Sora? You must have misheard. Actually, it's a wonderful cameo, or it has the potential to be one.

Story
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

And I thought the storyline to Kingdom Hearts couldn't get any wackier. What would a Neku/Sora fusion attack look like, anyway?
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Inevitable. TWEWY is KH without the Disney license. At least character design-wise.

Clearly the snake is eating its own tail now.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Resident Cannibal Tequila Mockingbird's Avatar
    **** just got real.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaymin View Post
    What would a Neku/Sora fusion attack look like, anyway?
    The end of all reality as we know it. Clearly.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Ah, the inevitable smutty fanfic that shall result from this...

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Eh, I'm sure they already exist. It just that now yaoi fangirls will have a canon setting for it. :P

On a more serious note (somewhat), I'm now actually mildly interested in this game. I never cared much for the Kingdom Hearts series but... it's TWEWY!
    Last edited by Strawberry Eggs; 09-15-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Eggs View Post
    Eh, I'm sure they already exist. it just that now yaoi fangirls will have a canon setting for it. :P
    Yup. Behold the power of rule 34.

EDIT: @Straweberry: It's TWEWY but I want a full TWEWY sequel. Not fan service. I hope this means there's something in the pipeline at Jupiter.

Resident Cannibal Tequila Mockingbird's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Oh. No... This didn't even cross my mind. Oh God I can see it now...

Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post

EDIT: @Straweberry: It's TWEWY but I want a full TWEWY sequel. Not fan service. I hope this means there's something in the pipeline at Jupiter.
    I completely agree. I really want there to be a sequel to TWEWY. But, I feel like TWEWY was a little too niche that it'll end up being like Golden Sun series, With fans clinging to glimmers of hope. And by that I mean waiting years for the next one.
    Last edited by Tequila Mockingbird; 09-15-2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: added quote

Oh believe me, I do as well and hope the same. I did say I was only mildly interested in KH 3D.
    Last edited by Strawberry Eggs; 09-15-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    and now the shibuya pins and the disneyland collector pins a re merging in my brain and making it go all melty like when you stick a fork in a toaster.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    As I've said before in 2 other forums, this has the capability of being very good, or very bad. I'm hoping good, and SE BETTER have Joshua or Sho in there somewhere, or there will be hell to pay!

I kind of hope it ends up being a full world based on TWEWY. Square's basically out of Disney properties to exploit in that fashion, and they're going to have to start coming up with some new material if they want to keep things fresh. What better way than exploring some of their own stuff? The framework's already there.

Who needs Rinoa anyway? Rebochan's Avatar
    ....I suddenly give a crap about this game.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

Here's hoping for some more good news on the TWEWY front! Also I suddenly am somewhat interested in picking up a 3DS. If Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton actually makes it to NA, I'm going to start scooping up the games, though I'll wait for the actual machine until the inevitable redesign.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaymin View Post
    And I thought the storyline to Kingdom Hearts couldn't get any wackier. What would a Neku/Sora fusion attack look like, anyway?
    Obviously Sora would jump up to the top screen and start playing DDR while Neku does all the work.

I kind of hope it ends up being a full world based on TWEWY. Square's basically out of Disney properties to exploit in that fashion, and they're going to have to start coming up with some new material if they want to keep things fresh. What better way than exploring some of their own stuff? The framework's already there.
    Square hasn't even scratched the surface of Disney worlds they can use. They haven't even touched the Pixar joint projects like Toy Story or Finding Nemo (and I think a Toy Story world would be the best thing they've done since Tron in KH2), and of course Disney is still producing new films. They could do something with 2009's Princess and the Frog, and they could also do something with the upcoming John Carter of Mars (they did Tron and Pirates of the Caribbean, so why not?). And there are still a whole bunch of old Disney cartoons they haven't done anything with yet like Robin Hood or Pocahontas, and others they've only used briefly as summons or out of place characters like Dumbo or The Sword in the Stone. The problem KH has is that the designers seem content to recycle the same worlds over and over again. Birth By Sleep took a step in the right direction by using mostly all new worlds, and hopefully they do the same with this one. Apparently there's a Hunchback of Notre Dame world in this one, so that's something new.
    Last edited by omegabyte; 09-18-2011 at 09:51 AM.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Hunchback was one of my favorite Disney movies, so that's great news for me as well. The worlds introduced in BBS were extremely bland, overall.

Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    Square hasn't even scratched the surface of Disney worlds they can use. They haven't even touched the Pixar joint projects like Toy Story or Finding Nemo (and I think a Toy Story world would be the best thing they've done since Tron in KH2), and of course Disney is still producing new films. They could do something with 2009's Princess and the Frog, and they could also do something with the upcoming John Carter of Mars (they did Tron and Pirates of the Caribbean, so why not?). And there are still a whole bunch of old Disney cartoons they haven't done anything with yet like Robin Hood or Pocahontas, and others they've only used briefly as summons or out of place characters like Dumbo or The Sword in the Stone. The problem KH has is that the designers seem content to recycle the same worlds over and over again. Birth By Sleep took a step in the right direction by using mostly all new worlds, and hopefully they do the same with this one. Apparently there's a Hunchback of Notre Dame world in this one, so that's something new.
    I think part of this has to do with the concept of "Princesses of Heart" which are essential to the series' universe. There's not a lot of Disney movies which feature a princess of some sort, although I can't imagine they won't put Princess & The Frog in there at some point.

They also have a large number of original TV series they can draw in, like Ducktales/Darkwing Duck.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I think part of this has to do with the concept of "Princesses of Heart" which are essential to the series' universe. There's not a lot of Disney movies which feature a princess of some sort, although I can't imagine they won't put Princess & The Frog in there at some point.

They also have a large number of original TV series they can draw in, like Ducktales/Darkwing Duck.
    For some reason, the thought of a world with Kim Possible makes me smile.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar

Well, they have drawn on Duck Tales to a degree - Scrooge McDuck and his nephews are in several of the games. Unfortunately, I somehow doubt we'll see a lot of television shows making appearances in the games, no matter how awesome they are. I don't think many, if any of them ever saw broadcast in Japan, so the characters would go right over their heads over there. The films, at least, have worldwide appeal.

You know, we were joking in another thread that Square Enix should get Eidos to do an FF7 remake, but if any series would benefit from Eidos's involvement, it'd be this one. It'd have to be a collaboration, but I imagine that Eidos employees are much more familiar with Disney properties than the Japanese employees of Square Enix.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!