Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Wild Suikoden Unexpectedly Appears

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

A Wild Suikoden Unexpectedly Appears

Fans hoping for a continuation of the first five Suikoden titles will be disappointed, as this one looks to be more like Tierkries. Perhaps they'll keep the story more coherent this time and stick to one world.

[Story]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Original Thread Opening Post by SiliconNooB:

This stands to make a lot of people happy, save for the ingrates who will inevitably bleat 'WHY DIDN'T THEY MAKE IT FOR TEH PS3?!!!!

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Just saw the trailer for that here.

I was at least hoping for.. the vita maybe? This is for the old PSP. The DS entry wasn't a real Suikoden so much. Also... no gameplay or indication of that sort. It could be a card battling dating-sim for all we know.

I would wager that the PSN version of the game will be entirely compatible with Vita.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I hope dearly that this will have some True Runes in it, if only to satiate my need to see them all.

But Konami didn't say the won't make another?
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Not to mention they claim to no longer have experienced RPG developers on staff. Does this mean it will be developed by another studio?

Or maybe they took a few lessons from Hideo Kojima and learned how to mislead us really well.

OMFG this is awsome!!!!! im sure i predicted a new suikoden game on another thread, although it might have been for last year

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    Count me in as part of the ingrate crowd. Suikoden is a series that deserves to be on a home console, with a good budget, not lumped into the rest of the dregs of jrp gamedom dumped off on hand helds.

So color me meh.
    sup?

Nice to see this franchise come back, even if it is a handheld title, but we all suspected that would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudren View Post
    Count me in as part of the ingrate crowd. Suikoden is a series that deserves to be on a home console, with a good budget, not lumped into the rest of the dregs of jrp gamedom dumped off on hand helds.

So color me meh.
    There is no place for it on the PS3!

I just popped a chicken!

HELLZ YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    Not to mention they claim to no longer have experienced RPG developers on staff. Does this mean it will be developed by another studio?
    Well, this is why I was thinking that it's possible it's not an RPG. It's not a numbered title. It could be a non-RPG action-based in-universe spin-off. It could be a rhythm game, I dunno..

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    They claimed that in relation to the RPG they are making in cooperation with Tri-Ace, so maybe that was their test before being able to work on the Suikoden series - or maybe not. Either way they can hire other developers to compensate for their brain-drain.

Doubt this will get localized. That's why I'm not getting excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Nim View Post
    Doubt this will get localized. That's why I'm not getting excited.
    This is a fair point. The PSP is practically dead as a system here in the states (more so than the other extant systems anyway). This was JUST announced. By the time this is released in Japan... yeah... not much of a chance of it coming over.

Who needs Rinoa anyway? Rebochan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudren View Post

So color me meh.
    You haven't been playing any of the "dregs", have you? There's some incredible games on handhelds that get ignored because of gaming snobs that turn up their noses at anything not in glorious console HD.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

Quote Originally Posted by Jitawa View Post
    This is a fair point. The PSP is practically dead as a system here in the states (more so than the other extant systems anyway). This was JUST announced. By the time this is released in Japan... yeah... not much of a chance of it coming over.
    Actually, there's a slightly good chance if it hits the PSN as a download for the PSP and Vita.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    Actually, there's a slightly good chance if it hits the PSN as a download for the PSP and Vita.
    I don't think the format is an issue, but the fact that it will be a text heavy JRPG on a handheld that is pretty much gone. Localizing it seems a little unlikely.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebochan View Post
    You haven't been playing any of the "dregs", have you? There's some incredible games on handhelds that get ignored because of gaming snobs that turn up their noses at anything not in glorious console HD.
    i quite enjoy zenonia, inotia 3, and third blade on my android phone, actually. And people arent snobs just because they dont prefer a particular game medium.
    sup?