Thread: Tune Your Robot in Solatorobo

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Tune Your Robot in Solatorobo

Have you ever wondered how anthropomorphized animals improve their machines? By playing Tetris, apparently.

[Link]

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Oh I'm loving how that customization looks.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    The system loosely resemble Arc Rise Fantasia's Arms Force Frame, which also had pieces that looked like Tetris blocks that fit into a frame. I wonder if you get any bonuses for completely filling up the grid in Solatorobo.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar
    It reminds me of fiddling with the modules in Infinite Space. Also, completely filling the grid is likely a very difficult task. Unless a bonus area opens after the end (which is quite possible) I haven't found enough P Crystals to do the job. Then again, I could be missing something.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Unless a bonus area opens after the end (which is quite possible) I haven't found enough P Crystals to do the job. Then again, I could be missing something.
    Well there are repeatable quests in the game, which includes two boss rush ones post-game and those give 5 P Crystals each time you complete them.

However a better way would be to do the new game+. You keep what you've done so far and still get P Crystals from all the quests again.

Note: The above comments were mostly game-play spoilers, but I thought I had better blank them out in case.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Also, you can get P Crystals through the fishing mini-game.

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Eggs View Post
    The system loosely resemble Arc Rise Fantasia's Arms Force Frame, which also had pieces that looked like Tetris blocks that fit into a frame. I wonder if you get any bonuses for completely filling up the grid in Solatorobo.
    It also reminds me of adding parts to the Edelweiss in Valkyria Chronicles and Navi Customization in the Megaman Battle Network series. This kind of thing is pretty common, really.

Quote Originally Posted by GaijinMonogatari View Post
    Also, you can get P Crystals through the fishing mini-game.
    That amount is limited though, so you unfortunately won't unlock much from those P Crystals.

I think the only fishing reward that you can get repeatedly, are the Revive parts. (Probably as those wear out after use, like a bottled fairy does in Zelda games.)