Thread: RPGCast - Episode 194: "Mega Bloks of Awesome"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 194: "Mega Bloks of Awesome"

RPGCast - Episode 194: "Mega Bloks of Awesome"

Suikoden makes a return, Demon's Souls isn't going away, and Dark Souls begin their torment. Then the Diablo III beta starts and Chris goes and cries in a corner 'cause he can't get into it or the special pre-Blizzcon sale.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/194

RPGCast streams live, sometimes on Friday at 10 PM Eastern / 7 PM Pacific, usually on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Mega Bloks of Awesome"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Speaking of Kotobukiya figures, I am currently working on a video game related model recently released by them in Japan.

Mmmm, Ikaruga...

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Haven't listened to the podcast yet (I'm sad that I missed it!), but that is a sweet model, Quin.

Also I don't know its context in the cast yet but MegaBloks? Please. LEGO all the way!

And now for something off-topic...so just ignore if you don't give a crap about LEGO:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hermitcrabkingofbeasts/ is where I post some stuff I've made out of LEGO (It's all mecha, I'm guessing Quin will like some of them!), I'd like to see someone make some of those out of Mega Bloks!
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001

That's some pretty epic win right there, Doug.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Thanks for reading my email on the show and thank you Anna for the tip that Kingdom Hearts 2 has a better camera. I'll have to give it a try when I get a chance.

Just to clarify, I didn't mean Chris was anti-social, I meant I was. And I logged off because I had to switch computers real quick and it just happened at the time you read my feedback and I missed the whole thing and came back online to Chris asking if he offended me.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

XBox Live: Xybec Katta
    PSN: Yeltu
    Steam: Xybec Katta

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    That's some pretty epic win right there, Doug.
    Thank you, good sir.

I just finished listening to the podcast. I for one was excited at the news of XSEED's announcement about bringing over Grand Knights History (and I am thankful for them still releasing stuff for PSP in North America). Beautiful looking game. As much as I would have wanted to, I never got a chance to play Muramasa (I probably would have sucked at it anyway), which was a shame because the artwork and general setting of the game really appealed to me. I won't be missing out on this one, especially since there's a chance I won't suck at playing it!

EDIT (forgot about this, then remembered the discussion in the show about games that people just can't get into):
    File Resonance of Fate under "games I really wanted to get into but couldn't." I tried, I really made an honest effort, but I can only take so much before I have to give up. I liked the aesthetic, what I'd seen of the cutscenes/characters interested me (though I found one NPC in particular pretty creepy), but man I just could not get the hang of the combat.

I spent hours trying to learn, trying to leap the initial hurdle of noob-ness. After failing to defeat the boss of the first dungeon in the game repeatedly, I went back and tried to revamp my understanding of the battle system (i.e. figure out what the hell I was missing), then returned for another string of losses versus, again, the FIRST boss in the game. I threw in the towel before I broke something expensive. I'm not an idiot, but that game made me feel stupid and I loathe being made to feel stupid.

I've swallowed novel, off-the-wall combat systems before, but RoF's was somehow a bane to my sanity.
    Last edited by Just Doug; 09-25-2011 at 03:44 AM.
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    Here are a few links to things I mentioned in the podcast:

Pictures of the Blizzcon 2011 pre-sale items

Thrall Mini-Figure

Kaiyodo and Kotobukiya
    Last edited by risingsun; 09-25-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Host of The Sectorcast Rosestorm's Avatar
    Sorry I wasn't able to be on this week, had an appointment with the optometrist.
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.

ghostboy2000
    oh man suikoden! the last one on ds was an rpg with a suikoden coat of paint... hopefully this psp suikoden will be better even though it takes place in the tierkreis dimension. i will buy it day one, i figure if they make enough money they'll make us a suikoden 6. and i need a suikoden 6.

hello. i watched the podcast and about the question about dragon quest monster, i have some info.

I have played dragon quest monster joker 2 for about 20 hours and it is basically pokemon. You run around and catch monsters and fight with them.

The graphics are a lot better and there are no random battles. The story is alright. I would say it is a little better than pokemon games, but the monsters in pokemon are a little better but there are some cool ones in DQ. The battle systems are about the same, but there is more customization for skills in DQ.

The best part about DQ is combining monsters. Very addictive and fun.

Also you can control every action your monster takes in battle except for the monster arena. Even online in multiplayer. I don't know why people think you can't.

Competitive is a lot more accessible too since you don't need to train EVs/IVs for hours in DQM.

Chris, loved that ThunderLoLCats post on G+. How long till you get the Nyan Lion-LoL shirt?

Question for everyone... Did anyone else get a thank you for participating in the Beta email from SWTOR but never actually got an invite? Both my brother and got the same email asking to take part in a survey about the beta but neither of us got an invite. My other brother did, but he pre-ordered the game.
    Last edited by Xybec Katta; 09-30-2011 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Typo

Host of The Sectorcast Rosestorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xybec Katta View Post
    Chris, loved that ThunderLoLCats post on G+. How long till you get the Nyan Lion-LoL shirt?

Question for everyone... Did anyone else get a thank you for participating in the Beta email from SWTOR but never actually got an invite? Both my brother and got the same email asking to take part in a survey about the beta but neither of us got an invite. My other brother did, but he pre-ordered the game.
    I did as well, I think they made an error and sent it to people with a Bioware social network account instead of limiting it to people who took part in the beta.
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.

Got an email this morning saying there was an error that sent out emails to the wrong people. Guess that explains it.