Thread: Neverwinter Goes from Co-Op Multiplayer Title To Full MMO

Neverwinter Goes from Co-Op Multiplayer Title To Full MMO

Neverwinter finds out the hard way about cross-classing into an MMORPG. Someone forgot to tell them about the dreaded lag debuffs.

[NEWS]
    Last edited by Quin; 10-06-2011 at 10:57 AM.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Eh... i was looking forward to this as well. We already have a D&D MMO and it's pretty OK, since it went free to play. I don't see the need for another one, oh well, I'll focus on other games and give this a pass.

-Kel

Host of The Sectorcast Rosestorm's Avatar
    This makes me loose what little interest I had in this game.
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.

This makes me somewhat interested.

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    My interest has disinterested me in any disinterest I may have had for this game.
    Last edited by Maudren; 10-06-2011 at 06:29 PM.
    sup?

So it will be DDO with better graphics and the 4E rules.

Sign me the heck up!
    Vanillaware’s 2D is, once again, shaming their competitor’s 3D. It’s like, what are you even doing with your extra D, jerks? Maybe we should hold that extra D in reserve for you, like a trust, until you are ready. - Tycho, Penny Arcade

Count me out. I'm no MMO gamer. I liked the first two games a lot but this totally lost me. Oh well. Maybe I'll just run my players through a Neverwinter campaign.
    Please Donate to RPGamer's Extra Life team!
    http://www.extra-life.org/participant/diceadmiral

Even if you hate MMORPGs generally, DDO is so unique that even non-MMORPG gamers like it. Actually several friends of mine usually don't play MMORPGs because they are too "generic", but they would play DDO with me any time.

The main thing that bothers me about DDO is that the only payment method they offer outside north america is credit card. =/
    If they make a global server they should at least offer the most common prepaid card payment systems around the world like PaySafeCard and WallieCard. Oh well, guess they don't want my money.

If this game is just like DDO but offers more payment models I'd totally go for it. And I heard the 4th edition is simpler than the 3.5th so that is a plus too. And since the world completely changed between 3rd and 4th, it's actually also a completely new story too lol.

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    Sounds like it went from an 40 hour game to a 400 hour game...Bleh. Many games already take too much time for the content they provide.