Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Release Dates Emerge for Tales of the Abyss 3D

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Release Dates Emerge for Tales of the Abyss 3D

This game is not coming out quite as quickly as Namco Bandai had hoped, but it is still coming nonetheless. It's better late than never, after all.

[Link]

Resident Cannibal Tequila Mockingbird's Avatar
    Yay Tales of the Abyss 3DS release date! I can't wait for this game. I hope we get some more information too about Graces f.

I'm really looking forward to revisiting tales of the abyss! And Graces F is going to be sweet too!, Two Tales games next year. Its going to be great.
    Last edited by Tequila Mockingbird; 10-12-2011 at 01:59 AM.

I'm not happy with [current Tales Of..] announcement! Why couldn't they just give me [another Tales Of..] announcement instead!

I'm assuming this means Graces F won't hit the US until March or April.

Unfortunately I have to agree, Id like some Tales info on Graces F. Why in blazes does it take years to get these things over here?

lolwhoops has nailed it.

Guys, every topic about anything Tales turns into discussion of why X game didn't get localized over Y game. It's seriously obnoxious and kills legit discussion of the game we ARE getting. I realize people aren't trying to be disruptive, but this is getting stupid. I can't say "knock it off, now" over and over.

It's probably for the best that they avoid the overly-busy holiday season. Also, with some big-name 3DS games coming out later this year, the system should have a much larger install base come February.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zbornak View Post
    It's probably for the best that they avoid the overly-busy holiday season. Also, with some big-name 3DS games coming out later this year, the system should have a much larger install base come February.
    This times 1000. For once I feel like they've chosen an appropriate release date for a Tales game.

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Delay suits me a bit as there was already two others out beginning of the month that interested me (Innocent Sin and Fate/Extra). Looking forward to finally getting to play this one
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

I'm curious why the english release is next year but a european release (which has english) is out in November.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimeMan View Post
    I'm curious why the english release is next year but a european release (which has english) is out in November.
    Obviously Namco Europe/US have different ideas on when the best time to release the game is, don't think there's any technical reason for the difference. I'm guessing Namco USA feels it will do better away from the deluge of holiday releases.

Tales of Super Slow

Gosh Darn Namco, their is no excuse for taking this long on a port that's already pretty much ready to go. It's not like the 3ds has anyother rpgs on it so better now then in Febuary especially since that means it's likely pushing Graces F even further back. It's so frustrating to see them taking so long from announcement to release.
    ~Shining Nova~

Quote Originally Posted by Gold_guardian View Post
    Tales of Super Slow

Gosh Darn Namco, their is no excuse for taking this long on a port that's already pretty much ready to go. It's not like the 3ds has anyother rpgs on it so better now then in Febuary especially since that means it's likely pushing Graces F even further back. It's so frustrating to see them taking so long from announcement to release.
    I highly doubt issues with the port have anything to do with the delay, its all about timing. They're trying to have a successful release to the game, not just please impatient fans :P

If timing was the problem then why release it in Europe this year and not here? Their holiday releases are just as over packed as ours is if not more so.
    ~Shining Nova~

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold_guardian View Post
    If timing was the problem then why release it in Europe this year and not here? Their holiday releases are just as over packed as ours is if not more so.
    Because Namco Bandai has a EUROPEAN BRANCH, similar to how Nintendo has a European branch (who seems to be making better decisions than the American branch, oddly enough).

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    Because Namco Bandai has a EUROPEAN BRANCH, similar to how Nintendo has a European branch (who seems to be making better decisions than the American branch, oddly enough).
    I'd disagree with that, I think releasing right next to two huge Nintendo 3DS releases is a horrible idea.

Yeah, we all want things earlier, but sending it out to die among the crowded holiday season isn't good in the long run...which for Tales fans is more and more important.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Macstorm View Post
    Yeah, we all want things earlier, but sending it out to die among the crowded holiday season isn't good in the long run...which for Tales fans is more and more important.
    Exactly, as much as I want the game earlier, I want the series to succeed more, and the February release date gives it more of a chance.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    As I recall, the original Tales of the Abyss was released around the same time as Final Fantasy XII. I imagine Namco Bandai (the American branch anyway.) doesn't want a repeat of that. :P
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Eggs View Post
    As I recall, the original Tales of the Abyss was released around the same time as Final Fantasy XII. I imagine Namco Bandai (the American branch anyway.) doesn't want a repeat of that. :P
    Isn't Final Fantasy 13-2 currently slated to come out on Jan 31st though? If so thats literally 2 weeks after the latest bigish Final Fantasy entry. If anything, they want to commit the same exact mistake because Abyss was released basically 1 week before FF12?
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach