Thread: Namco Bandai Leads RPGamers Through Tales of Graces F

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Namco Bandai Leads RPGamers Through Tales of Graces F

Three detailed Tales of Graces F videos in English? Perhaps Namco Bandai doesn't feed on our tears, after all.

RPGamer Tales Golden Rule: This thread is for TALES OF GRACES F. If anyone poo-poos this thread with Vesperia whining, there will be heck to pay.

Story and Videos!

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Best battle system in the series

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Alright, there was nothing there I possibly COULDN'T like. I'll be getting this if I have a PS3 by then. And if I don't, I guarantee my friend will get it, as he has been complaining about the lack of JRPGs on the PS3 as of late.
    Last edited by DarkRPGMaster; 10-14-2011 at 01:42 PM.

I pre-ordered this game already and will let it paid in advance by January.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Super stoked. Easily one of my favorite franchises, hopefully this sells well.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

I wish all RPGs had battle transitions that were that fast.

I will sum this up for all of us:
    GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    It looks awesome but after seeing as much as I've seen of Tales of Xillia, I have a feeling I just don't need to play Graces if they bring that one over. It's a weird feeling because I haven't played a Tales game since the PS1. And then I heard from everyone in the world say that Vesperia is the best Tales game ever with TONS of fun stuff to do and awesome characters and story. And they LOOK cool, too. And now Xillia is out in Japan and there is a HUGE jump in graphics and they used BOTH of the Tales character designers on that game. They've sold 39 billion units already and it's they're 50th anniversary game so it's special to the producers. I don't know. The Graces battle mode and levelling up systems look FREAKING sweet. . . But aren't they all that sweet? And I hear that Graces story is not as good as Vesperia's and the characters all look like kids because of the art style. I just don't know if I NEED this one when I have a feeling that Xillia will be localized. Am I crazy?

You are very crazy. Hopefully there will be a demo so undecided Tales fans can at least try it out and not ignore the game.

Who needs Rinoa anyway? Rebochan's Avatar
    We cannot let Graces go unsupported or I have a feeling we're not going to get Xillia.

I'm all over this one. Frankly, I won't even whine about Vesperia or the lack of the Wii localization. Because I'm just happy we're getting this at all.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

I played the demo and I liked how the gameplay felt so it's a buy.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

I've played pretty much every game in the series and the battle/progression system in TOGf was my favorite by far. This game is fantastic.

BTW when I played the demo from the Japanese store the game felt more than a simple HD remaster of the Wii version. The menu interface was to crispy like it was redone from the ground up because it was native HD material. Also the fonts seem to be remade and probably the character models. IDK maybe it's just me anyways.

Oh you got the demo from the Japanese PSN? I'm gonna do that! We should ALL freaking do that! Do that you guys!

Too bad there's no demo for Xillia...

I want this!

I maybe just have to preorder for the first time in a few years! Hope we get some added goodies.

I might get this anyway, just because I have faith in the Tales series, but I'd REALLY like someone to sell me on the story. I don't suppose any of you would know if it's a good one or not? Quin knows. Where is he when we need him most?