Thread: Dead Island to Witness a Bloodbath in November

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Dead Island to Witness a Bloodbath in November

Banoi Island sees the next round of zombie-slaying action arriving next month. Potential spectators will be pleased to know seating tickets for the arena are still available.

[ Story ]
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Another Horde mode, eh? At least it works for zombies. If I can use my gear and character build from the single-player for the arena, it could be cool.

They should not charge anyone for the dlc, considering how broken the game was out of the gate.. It should be compensation.
    My Links:

DeviantArt, Twitter

Cipher, which version did you play, and what'd you run into? I've got it on 360, and haven't run into anything wrong with it yet.

Neither did I, and I played the game before they patched it. This DLC was actually delayed so the devs could focus on fixing stuff, so they're trying. I've played games with far worse issues that were never patched and still charged full price for expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by freykin View Post
    Cipher, which version did you play, and what'd you run into? I've got it on 360, and haven't run into anything wrong with it yet.
    I got the PS3 version, and the game worked fine until they patched it. Once they patched it, things started to get really glitchy, the most annoying thing was the loss of progress and levels because of the saving system, I lost 3 levels. My roommate lost 5 levels or so. When we tried to play online it was beyond frustrating to try and connect, we had 4 people ready and waiting to play, and it would crash on us every 10 minutes or so. So I looked it up online and turns out the solution was to remove the patch completely. So we did that. Finally about a week later they patched it again and, tada, it's worked fine ever since. We've played long extended sessions multiplayer and it's a blast, it's a game that is much better with people to play with.

I'm really interested in the DLC, so I'll have to see how it turns out.

I guess part of me would just like to see them compensate the people who spent their hard earned money on a non functional piece of software.

If anyone wants to add me on PSN and play my user name is: Daichi82
    My Links:

DeviantArt, Twitter