Thread: Reberu Faibu Waarudo - Japandemonium for Oct. 21st, 2011

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar

Reberu Faibu Waarudo - Japandemonium for Oct. 21st, 2011

Five worlds, four of them Level-5. Where are the numerologists when they're needed?

Oh well, column

Both Youkai Watch and Little Battlers appeal to me, perhaps moreso than Ni no Kuni. Might need to add even more stuff to the import ledger, alongside that rather fetching SD Gundam G Generation Char Custom 3DS.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

*checks stop watch*

Only five minutes? We have a new land speed record for the fastest response to a JP column!

Your mission:
    Take some youkai (The Snow Woman, Tengu and Oni) and turn them into cute versions of themselves. Because every monster collecting game needs cute monsters, right?

It might not be so hard in the case of the snow woman. Consider Yukiko from Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera.
    Oni might not be very hard either. Consider the Onii monster from Little King's Story.

What is the name of the youkai in the form of a flaming wheel of death? That one could be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    Your mission:
    Take some youkai (The Snow Woman, Tengu and Oni) and turn them into cute versions of themselves.
    Yo!.

This is mostly the reason why I'm interested in Youkai Watch, I already know the concept works.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    I'll admit that I'm not too grabbed by some of those games, but Level-5 seriously needs to collaborate with Capcom on a Megaman Battle Network/Star Force style of game. It would be a perfect fit.

Also, I'm still try to decide whether or not that Little Battlers mech named Ypsilon is a VOTOMS reference or not. My guess defaults to yes, though it seriously needs rival mechs based on other greek letters for that to work...

Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    What is the name of the youkai in the form of a flaming wheel of death? That one could be tough.
    That would be Wanyuudo, and yes, he'd be a hard one to make cute. Some of the Kitaro variations succeed in making him avuncular, though.

Where's the rest of her outfit? She's so scantily clad she might as well not have bothered and not worn anything at all.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

Which is why I mentioned pulp-era fantasy novels in that section

Paraphrased from the Discworld PC game:
    Rincewind: "But what holds it up?"
    Amazon: "Pressure."
    Rincewind: "Pressure?"
    Amazon: "Yes, pressure from all the staring eyes."

Code of Princess stirs my old-school blood.
    Scantily clad is usually the best way to go.
    ---
    Another great column.
    You da man.