Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPG Backtrack: Episode 56 - Mana From Heaven?

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar

RPG Backtrack: Episode 56 - Mana From Heaven?

In one of the most changeable series around, there's plenty of leeway to have some discussion. The Mana games, particularly the earlier ones, have now served that purpose.
    Figure it out, not difficult.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

New Member New Registered User moenki's Avatar
    It's the backtrack I've been waiting for! Can't wait to hear it.

Secret of Mana was one of the most difficult games I had ever played in 1993, but despite my frustration I loved it, and it fully confirmed me a Square fan. The music and environments still stick with me, and it's like an eternal reminder of childhood in a video game. The idea, as a kid, of goofing off on some dumb adventure and finding a lost sword which sets you off on a quest to save the world was very compelling. Now, it's just a simple, easy, and fun game, but I still love it.

If all you want is Secret, here: flash back to several years ago when Macstorm chose it for a whole episode. We didn't replicate the discussion, so you'll be a mite disappointed if that's the only game you're interested in.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    oh the pain, THE PAIN

New Member New Registered User moenki's Avatar
    Thanks, JuMeSyn. I actually want to hear thoughts about the rest of the series, so I'll be sure to check out both (busy day, busy day...)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    oh the pain, THE PAIN
    There you go with incomplete sentences again, Wheels. Mind letting others know the context of your otherwise-nonsensical statement?

Quote Originally Posted by JuMeSyn View Post
    There you go with incomplete sentences again, Wheels. Mind letting others know the context of your otherwise-nonsensical statement?
    Dawn of Mana.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I do wish I had replayed Sword of Mana before the Backtrack. I must sound absolutely childish saying "well, I like the game, but I can't really think of any reasons why!" :P
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Ah man Heroes of Mana, I thought it got potential to be fun, ok I only played the first fight, so your telling me that I should not lose my time with it and with Legend of Mana, so I should let them collect dust or maybe give them a try anyway and make my own opinion on them, when I will get nothing else to do... in like 30 years when I will be retired!! LOL
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    http://backloggery.com/spare/sig.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Ombres View Post
    Ah man Heroes of Mana, I thought it got potential to be fun, ok I only played the first fight, so your telling me that I should not lose my time with it and with Legend of Mana, so I should let them collect dust or maybe give them a try anyway and make my own opinion on them, when I will get nothing else to do... in like 30 years when I will be retired!! LOL
    Wait what? You should absolutely give Legend of Mana a shot, just as I recommend on the show don't try and be a completionist with it. I can't guarantee you'll like it, but there's a lot of good things about that game.

If you wait to play Heroes of Mana until you're retired, your potentially-poor memory may allow more enjoyment. "More" being a relative term of course, as you'll likely forget what the AI does in each stage so that you can blunder around and get killed over & over because so many levels require you to play them in a certain way if you want to win. Then again, you'd more than likely just hate it and throw it aside immediately, because it's just at that level.

Oup I mean Dawn of Mana

Quote Originally Posted by Ombres View Post
    Oup I mean Dawn of Mana
    ahhh good. GOOD

The rss feed for backtrack is broken again Why does this seem to happen on a regular basis?
    ~Shining Nova~

For some reason RSS and punctuation don't play well together.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    Darn RSS Feed! Ebil!!! Now, where are all the pwnsome comments about my Freedom Force monologue? I want praise dangnabit!!

RSS feed is fixed, so they should be coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jcservant View Post
    Darn RSS Feed! Ebil!!! Now, where are all the pwnsome comments about my Freedom Force monologue? I want praise dangnabit!!
    Oh great and awesome Phil, I am glad you did that monologue on Freedom Force, now I want to play it more than ever! Thanks to you we won't miss the great gem that is this game and you will continue to make my backlog grow ever more!!

Is that good enough?

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    Alllll right! WOoot!!

*Head gets bigger!*

Quote Originally Posted by jcservant View Post
    Man I haven't played Freedom Force in ages. might need to put it on my machine since its supposed to snow all day tomorrow. might be able to knock out the first game in a day.
    Twitter: @vonbeardly just started and mostly use it to tweet about games i'm playing.
    PSN: theharv00 (blank invites will be ignored)
    http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/496/theharv00.png