Thread: Party Details and More Monsters Revealed for Dragon Quest X

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Party Details and More Monsters Revealed for Dragon Quest X

Those looking forward to playing Dragon Quest online get some details about how the party play works. Others may find themselves wondering what exactly the pig is hiding under his massive hat.

[ Story ]
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

I hope you'll be able to control Party memebers directly and not automatically have them following an AI.
    ~Shining Nova~

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    It looks like you get to give them strategies to follow (not clear how detailed/customizable those strategies are though), but they will act automatically. Depends on how the system plays I guess as to how it may be a good idea or not, likely that they'll be trying to keep it as interesting as possible for controlling a single character as that'll be the main aim.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

If you use the hirilings the game will play more like final fantasy 12 did more than anything else currently.

I love the look of this as it reminds me of viii but the system seems a little suspicious... Controlling one character doesn't seem like it will be engaging enough