Thread: Wakfu to Release in Early 2012

Wakfu to Release in Early 2012

What exactly is Wakfu? If this trailer is anything to go by, Wakfu is the ability to sprout floating damage numbers when you Wak someone.

[NEWS]

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

If the game was like the trailer, I'd sign up for it in an instant. They really made it look awesome.

Instead, it's an asian-style grindfest with not enough content (in Beta, anyway). Also, it's really boring.

The game has been in beta already for 3 years and has undergone 4-5 major overhauls since the beginning. I am talking major changes like whole game design changes.

The games combat is too slow even though it is turn based, it is slower than dofus even. There is nothing to do for most part in the game except either grind monsters for weeks on end or grind craft/harvest for weeks on end because barring the newbie island tutorial there are really 0 quests in the game. And, sure there is story and lore, most of it is once again only on the tutorial island, but since the game more or less has no real npc interaction you never can get the feeling of actually being in a story setting.

I wonder why Square Enix is publishing the game in North America instead of its original publisher, Ankama?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
    I wonder why Square Enix is publishing the game in North America instead of its original publisher, Ankama?
    Presumably, Ankama decided that going to a bigger publisher than themselves would be better for distribution in the NA market.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.