Thread: Save the Homeland Once Again

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Save the Homeland Once Again

There is never a shortage of new Harvest Moon games, but sometimes it is nice to enjoy the games of years past. If you've never tried Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland, now may be as good a time as any.

[Link]

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    When I am not drained from back-to-back HM reviews, I'm going to pick this one up at some point. I never really got to play this one growing up, but I always loved the concept behind it.

I have a healthy hate for this game, though some of the blame for it is also with me.

I can't remember the exact specifics of what happened as I haven't played this game since maybe a month after it first came out. All i remember is one of my animals died, and it was pretty sudden- as in, forgot one day of feeding- and I saved the night before. One of the events at that time had to do with some sprout you had to water for i think 5-10 days straight in one season. Last day i had to water it and my cow dies. Now, when an animal dies in the game you automatically take a full day for mourning and can't do anything that day. So, yeah, i would've had to wait to next season (fall i think?) to start the mission again, which i think was story related. I was screwed and never played it again.

Thinking back, i'm thinking that it was a chicken, or actually a chick that died.

Halloween may have passed, but it's never too late for a Harvest Moon horror story.
    A critic is someone who stands on the mountaintop high above to watch a battle, and then comes down to shoot the survivors.
    -Hemingway

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    Wow... That sounds pretty annoying...

Part of me is really worried that Save the Homeland will turn out to be too much like its successor, Wonderful Life, which was the HM game that scared me off from the HM series until Rune Factory Frontier brought me back. At the same time, I tell myself it can't be that bad, so I'm still curious. At the very least, a PSN digital release can't be that expensive, so it might not be a bad game to try. Still rather uncertain.