Thread: Lineage II Free-to-Play

Lineage II Free-to-Play

Lineage II announces plans to go free-to-play, and has another expansion coming down the pipe.

Do we have many people that are interested in this game?

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    I remember when they were giving out trial discs for this in college O-o
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Lineage 2 crashed my computer.

I'm using a different computer now, but still...bad memories and all that.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    I remember when they were giving out trial discs for this in college O-o
    Young'un! In my college days all we got was AOL CDs. I used to decorate my dorm room with 'em. Back on topic, I hear Lineage 2 can be pretty fun for a while.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    My sister's classmates managed to get the local Wal-Mart to give them ALL the free AOL CDs.... It took them an entire shopping cart to haul the things out. They ended up building a set of medieval armor with it.

Also on topic, I've been seeing posters for this in internet cafes across Japan for years now. Any good?

From what I remember of it, it's fairly grindy, as most eastern MMOs tend to be, but the variety of classes is tough to beat, and there's a huge amount of game content available. I'm going to be definitely giving it a second look once this goes live.

I heard it's mainly a PVP MMORPG so I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by GaijinMonogatari View Post
    Also on topic, I've been seeing posters for this in internet cafes across Japan for years now. Any good?
    I was always under the impression that Lineage II was basically the improved sequel to one of the original Korean grindtacular MMORPGs, used to compete for attention with...Ragnarok Online? I was too busy playing FFXI (Read: Drinking free cola and trying to understand the UI) in Japanese net cafes.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    I was always under the impression that Lineage II was basically the improved sequel to one of the original Korean grindtacular MMORPGs, used to compete for attention with...Ragnarok Online
    That's quite possible. RO was going into open beta in the US around the time Lineage II started their western push.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    played this when it first came out over here. it was pretty good, but really grindy. i quit when some guy pked me and stole my bow that I worked for a week to grind money to purchase.

I don't know how well the game has improved since 2002.

Anyhoo, the game most definately has one of the best game sound tracks I've ever heard, so that's a huge plus.
    sup?

They still do not have a set date for when it will go free to play. They are just saying sometime before 2012, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    I was always under the impression that Lineage II was basically the improved sequel to one of the original Korean grindtacular MMORPGs, used to compete for attention with...Ragnarok Online? I was too busy playing FFXI (Read: Drinking free cola and trying to understand the UI) in Japanese net cafes.
    Ragnarok Online is like the best MMORPG ever made, nothing can be compared with it!

But I still see the point. RO and Lineage 2 are one of the only MMORPGs that have Castle Siege as PVP type. Most MMORPGs go for either open PVP or arena-based / battleground PVP.

Dark Age of Camelot did the castle/fort/relic seiges better than L1, L2, or any the other 10m cloned asian mmos to date.