Thread: RPGCast - Episode 199: "I Suck as a Human"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 199: "I Suck as a Human"

RPGCast - Episode 199: "I Suck as a Human"

There is a place where epic battles with fierce dragons and fearsome giants unfold. There is a place where adventures untold and riches unending await. This isn't that place, but we'll keep you company until Skyrim comes out next week.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/199

RPGCast streams live, sometimes on Friday at 10 PM Eastern / 7 PM Pacific, usually on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "I Suck as a Human"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Best episode title name ever.

Host of The Sectorcast Rosestorm's Avatar
    Good blurb Chris
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.

Stu-di-o Ghib-li
    Did art for Lev-el 5 game
    You go buy it now

/bow
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    First off, Peach did INDEED use parasols in SMRPG. I can't think of any game barring the Smash Bros. series where she busted out a frying pan, really.

Second, regarding Sony finally correcting the problem of game sharing, Manny sounds like he has himself a huge entitlement complexes. Maybe you all forgot how horrible transferring from 360 to 360 for downloadable games was (and in many ways still is) because Sony's the hot new negative article, but in the end, I've no sympathy. You guys are the ones who want all-digital, you guys can deal with the headaches.

Lastly, damn, this coming week is gonna be BUSY for me. Modern Warfare 3 and Skyrim in the same week? Woooooooo, that's harsh.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

She used a frying pan in SMRPG. It was her best weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    Indeed it was and she epicly smashed face with it too. Didn't she also hit Mario with it in one of the games too?
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    Yep, apparently she had both. I do love how she also had two gloves for slapping enemies with. VERY princess-y.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Awright. I don't post very often, but just wanted to comment that it's always nice to hear one of the old guard, Mikel, back on RPGCast again. For me, he's been a big miss in recent months as I've always enjoy his dry take on things, as well as his ability to rile Chris, seemingly without even trying. And gotta give respect to him for taking the War in the North ambush on the chin! More Mike in the future plzzzz

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    yeah sorry, guys. It's really hard for me to maintain a release schedule for a podcast I don't actually produce.

That said I do have two other podcasts (links in the signature), neither of which has missed an update in the past 5 months.

What are your plans for Ep 200? Gonna have a master panel again like on 100? That rocked. Get Lusi, Ethos and 7th in here.
    Please Donate to RPGamer's Extra Life team!
    http://www.extra-life.org/participant/diceadmiral

Chris, after listening to your opinion of War in the North, I'm going to repeat my assertion from 4 months ago that you really should try out Dungeon Siege 3. Well-designed, fun-to-play character classes, lots of loot, and a decent story. And shockingly enough for an Obsidian game, it's polished.

And Manny didn't do a good job defending New Vegas. It's not all about the guns. It's all about the quests. I felt that Fallout 3 was very much a Bethesda (which is to say, Elder Scrolls) game. The fun to be had in that game was the exploration (which is why I never used fast-travel). New Vegas, on the other hand, feels like a Black Isle Studios game, once you get past the first-person viewpoint and semi real-time combat. It's all about the story and the sidequests. The exploration element was there, but I didn't hesitate to fast-travel between locations because I was enjoying the questing so much, I wanted to cut out the travel time.

Daddy Dragon II Administrator Firemyst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathiu View Post
    Awright. I don't post very often, but just wanted to comment that it's always nice to hear one of the old guard, Mikel, back on RPGCast again. For me, he's been a big miss in recent months as I've always enjoy his dry take on things, as well as his ability to rile Chris, seemingly without even trying. And gotta give respect to him for taking the War in the North ambush on the chin! More Mike in the future plzzzz
    Thanks for the compliments. It's always been real life conflicts that keep me off the 'cast, not the lack of wanting to be there. I hope to make more shows in the future.

Chris is fun to rile up and it's like second nature to me now. Like beating him in Fantasy Football.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell