Thread: RPG Backtrack: Episode 57 - It's-A Me, Paper Mario!

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar

RPG Backtrack: Episode 57 - It's-A Me, Paper Mario!

Intelligent Systems likes emphasizing how two dimensional Mario plots are with some RPGs that have poor depth perception. Only by listening can their shallowness be adequately blown up, so please do that.
    No mystery topic this time.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Sadly Phil I ended up losing power during the snowstorm. Still haven't got around to installing Freedom Force yet.

In regards to Wizardry for the PSN, the game gets much easier when you find better equipment. That of course means lots of fighting. I did manage to get alot of decent equipment on Shiin dungeon level 4. Train everyone as a bishop at somepoint so everyone has every spell before you put them in the final class you want them as. My final party so far is Samurai/Samurai/Lord/Ninja/Bishop/Bishop. Apparently if you can find a Katana called Muramasa it can 1 hit kill the bosses.
    Twitter: @vonbeardly just started and mostly use it to tweet about games i'm playing.
    PSN: theharv00 (blank invites will be ignored)
    http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/496/theharv00.png

The value of Paper Mario (N64) is mindblowing - Panzer Dragoon Saga pricing for a game that's a tenner on VC? Good lord.

Like the ladies, I preferred Thousand Year Door - Goombella and the audience system put it over the top. I think it's one of those games that's more fun to watch than play, though. Especially when someone's completing a run of the Pit of 100 Trials before beating Hooktail.

I haven't tried Super Paper Mario yet, but it's a Nintendo Select so at least it'll be inexpensive when I go to play it. At the very least, it gave us this image:
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Man this is gonna be controversial. I hated Paper Mario 64. The combat reminded me of Legend of the Dragoon. I did not appreciate the humor. This was around the same time I had gotten a PSX and played through most of that amazing Library. So when I got PM64 I was just massively underwhelmed. Never got the Gamecube one.

More controversy. I love Super Paper Mario. I think its Nintendo's best game in the last decade and one of my top 5 RPGs of the last decade. Haters gonna hate. But the combination of platforming and role playing was perfect for me. I loved the level designs and sense of exploration. Especially the space one. I also loved the prehistorical world & the Otaku boss. Switching from 2D to 3D was awesome. Reminded me of Flatland without the social commentary. I enjoyed the silly story. Plus the darker subtexts and twists, though predictable, I loved. I seriously believe this is one of the best games ever made and people just hate on it cause it doesn't have the boring/terrible combat from the first two.

You guys are just wrong :P

Haha. Can't wait for your reactions to this.

Why is that controversial? I think my thoughts is enjoyed -> best -> adored.

Quote Originally Posted by KisakiProject View Post
    Haha. Can't wait for your reactions to this.
    This is what I like a lot about this forum(site), that you have the right to have any opinion about any games, and no one going to flame you about it!!
    It's nice in the contrary to have so many different opinions, after all we are all our own person with our own taste
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    http://backloggery.com/spare/sig.gif

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yes, we had a pretty decent spread of opinions about the games in the 'cast. We would have had Adriaan as well, who didn't really like Thousand Year Door and loved Super Paper, but he had to work early the next day.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance