Thread: Shocker, Square Enix Re-Releases More Games

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Shocker, Square Enix Re-Releases More Games

One entry on this list is likely to be particularly popular with Square fans. Please resist the temptation to put on scary clown makeup in celebration.

[Story]

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    As much as I think this is exciting, there's other SE PSOne classics I'd rather see on PSN than these ones, such as SaGa Frontier 1 and 2. Really, that's all I want. With sugar and candy on top.

I'll definitely be grabbing Chrono Cross and FFVI

and probably FFV too

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    As much as I think this is exciting, there's other SE PSOne classics I'd rather see on PSN than these ones, such as SaGa Frontier 1 and 2. Really, that's all I want. With sugar and candy on top.
    that'd be awesome

also Square really needs to put up the two Star Ocean PSP games on PSN

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Not sure if they've fixed it for the PSN release, but Final Fantasy Wiki entry on FFV reports the infamous graphical corruption bug Anthology's version of FFV with PS2 systems actually causes PS3's to crash.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/F..._V#Development
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Shocking. My eyes kinda glaze over for most of these "Square releases old stuff" notices, as I still have all those games on discs. I guess it means you could play them on your PSP, however you could also do that if your PSP was modded (not suggesting you do that).

I guess it's not a "bad" thing, but it seems like Deus Ex was the last game I really loved from Square in quite awhile - and there's something wrong with that.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    I'm still waiting for a graphically enhanced version of Final Fantasy VI, because I'm shallow like that.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Oh god this just reminds me on how much I wanted the Romancing Sa-Ga remake and then it was never released in Europe. =.=

Final Fantasy V would actually be relevant to my interests because I only ever played it in Japanese, but since I have no PS3, I can't get it anyway, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    I'm still waiting for a graphically enhanced version of Final Fantasy VI, because I'm shallow like that.
    I would've liked to play all the SaGa remakes in English myself, but that's apparently not something they'd like to do.

$10 each for Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy V-VI is a bit high considering Anthology and Chronicles are easily available for about $15 each.

Hopefully now lesser known Squaresoft games or Enix stuff will be next.

Saga Frontier SE! I regret that I sold it.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

A smooth flow of thought Kaiser's Avatar
    I will in 99% of cases never pay for a game, which i already bought in the past but don't own anymore for whatever reason, again just to play it on a different handheld/console.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    I will in 99% of cases never pay for a game, which i already bought in the past but don't own anymore for whatever reason, again just to play it on a different handheld/console.
    Me too. But I'm still glad they re-releases exist, because not all games have been released in Europe in the past.

I'll stick to the GBA versions of the Final Fantasies
    Xbox Live & PSN: Gambit268