Thread: Tales of Graces F - Preview

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Tales of Graces F - Preview

Tales games are once again gracing the West, and the PS3 finally gets some love this time around. Perhaps this preview will help decide if the wait will be worth it.

[ Preview ]

*** Standard Tales warning: This article is about Graces F only and so is this thread ***
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I hope the localization and the voices are at least decent. I'm already sold on everything else, and I hope this game truly does live up to its high expectations from us in the West.

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    Wait wait wait wait wait! My mind was blown when I read that Tales of Graces is considered to be second only to Xillia? I thought that after Xillia, Vesperia is the most beloved Tales game. So I was wrong? Does that mean that if I were to play only ONE Tales game before Tales of Xillia gets localized (I have a hunch), it should be Graces F?

I liked everything about the Graces F demo EXCEPT how the character models look like little kids. That REALLY bugs me. The anime portraits are awesome though.
    Last edited by LegendaryZoltan; 11-10-2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Changed Graces R to Graces F
    Like RPGs? Then you will like my RPG comedy show. Watch free RIGHT HERE!

FaceBook | Twitter | Website

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    You mean Graces F. The only game coming that has an R is Tales of Innocence R.

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    whoops. Yeah. I meant Graces F.

I edited the post.
    Like RPGs? Then you will like my RPG comedy show. Watch free RIGHT HERE!

FaceBook | Twitter | Website

I hope Namco gives us at least a general idea for what the release window is going to be if not an exact date.
    ~Shining Nova~

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryZoltan View Post
    Wait wait wait wait wait! My mind was blown when I read that Tales of Graces is considered to be second only to Xillia? I thought that after Xillia, Vesperia is the most beloved Tales game.
    It's second by Famitsu score, which one is actually more beloved by the fanbase could be different. As I wrote it's considered to have a better battle system, but not quite as good a story.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Will probably pick this one up. I haven't played a Tales game since Abyss (and before then, not since Eternia).

I got it reserved and I hope a official date it's in place because don't want to move the preorder to XIII-2.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.