Thread: Risen 2 Community Q&A Questions Wanted

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar

Risen 2 Community Q&A Questions Wanted

RPGamer is teaming up with Deep Silver and Piranha Bytes for a community focused Q&A session for Risen 2. If you have a question about pirates, open worlds, sailing dark waters, or anything else for that matter, send us your questions. Submit your questions to this forum thread and the best will be answered by the developers.

Submit your questions below.

I've got a few:

Is Risen 2 designed from the ground up to be a PC or console game or do they have separate teams dedicated to the development of both?

In an era of elaborate loot systems, talent trees, and morality systems, Risen had a pretty narrow focus on basic loot and skill progression (ie. nearly all weapons improved in damage output alone with no bells and whistles even though there were items out there with additional traits such as bonuses to STR, DEX, etc; most skills and spells got stronger with no real perks or unique differences in them. Quite a contrast compared to the weapons skills). Also, the character's personality, despite the use of dialogue choices, was pretty consistent with no real good/bad guy choices. All of this is somewhat counter to the usual amount of choice seen in open world games. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, I just want to know if this was a design decision, a result of a lack of resources, and whether or not that style will still be in place in Risen 2.

The whole spell seals thing was interesting, but ultimately a little awkward. How will spells work in Risen 2?

Was it my imagination or were enemies with weapons occasionally one-shotting me regardless of my health or their low level?

And please, please, PLEASE tell me they reduced the length of the incredibly long and tedious digging animations.

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    Thanks for the questions. Let's keep them rolling in!

Will all fighting be on foot or can we expect some ship battles?

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    Rising Sun, didn't you mention in some interview with the developers that there would be no sailing gameplay? If not... Is there going to be any sailing gameplay?

How important is the theme of pirates to the game? Is it just for story or just for gameplay or both?

Does equipment actually change the appearance of the character and will there be pirate accessories such as hooks or big hats?